ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-06-2020   #1
Z51JEFF

Default I just noticed the inclusion of C6/C7 ZR1s

When did this happen,I thought the power's that be were dead against this.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #2
BigJohn

Default Re: I just noticed the inclusion of C6/C7 ZR1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
When did this happen,I thought the power's that be were dead against this.
What, difference ZR-1 or ZR1 let us not discriminate please!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #3
spork2367

There's already been a C6 post in the C4 forum. I'm not exactly excited about this, but I suppose it's somewhat of a natural evolution to include them.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #4
Tripler

If we start adding the newer cars , this site will become confusing when trouble shooting our cars and theres . Not discrimination. It just keeps searches specific to our vehicles .

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #5
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
If we start adding the newer cars , this site will become confusing when trouble shooting our cars and theres . Not discrimination. It just keeps searches specific to our vehicles .

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk
It won't matter. This is the worst search on any forum I've ever been a member on in 20+ years. It's useless as is.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #6
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
It won't matter. This is the worst search on any forum I've ever been a member on in 20+ years. It's useless as is.
Probably time to pass the hat to update the forum software.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #7
Subfixer

Their inclusion won't dilute the C4 ZR-1 stuff. They have their own sections (C6 ZR1, C7 ZR1).
1992 ZR1 #442, 2 tops, White, White, Haibeck 415, 3.90 gear, Coilovers
2018 Audi RS5, 2.9 V6 Twin Turbo, Auto, Black, Black
2021 Audi Q3, 2.0T, 8 spd Tiptronic, Navarro Blue metallic, Pearl Beige
Subfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #8
Z51JEFF

I'm not criticizing the decision here,the consensus in the past was the directors were just not interested in going in that direction and now it's done.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #9
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subfixer View Post
Their inclusion won't dilute the C4 ZR-1 stuff. They have their own sections (C6 ZR1, C7 ZR1).
Well, yes and no.

As pointed out above, the search engine in this antique version of vbulletin is questionable now. Imagine typing in a term like "clutch". Now you get a huge number of posts on C4 ZR-1 clutches to search through. In the future, you will get a mishmash of C4 clutch info, plus likely, a whole bunch more modern LS based stuff.

So yes, this site, as a haven for C4 ZR-1 folks, will get watered done some. We will also add a bunch of likely younger, and very enthusiastic C6 and C7 folks who will introduce us more to newer cars, and very likely, some really great people.

Is it worth it? Up to each member to decide.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #10
Ccmano

There's a lot that went into the decision to include C6/C7 folks on the forum and, as Registry Members will find out at a later date, how the Registry plans to expand to include C6/C7 owners. I can only say it was a decision that was not taken lightly. I will say that I am satisfied that the plan will allow for the focus to remain on C4 ZR-1's while at the same time allowing the C6/C7 owners to build their own parallel structure.

As for the search function I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. This, I am told, is the same vbulletin version utilized by Corvette forum. Searches can be conducted across all the Registry Forums, within a single Forum, within a forum section or within a single thread, on both a simple or advanced level. As such, when properly done, this reduces the possibility of getting spurious results. Is it perfect, far from it. We have spoken numerous times about it internally. In the end the only way to really improve it is to move away from Vbulletin. While that may sound simple on the surface of it, the entire history of the forum and its knowledge base would be at risk. To date, that risk has out weighed the necessity of improving the search function. I'm sure this will continue to be a topic of discussion both on the forum itself and with the board on a regular basis.

2020 has been a record year for Registry membership with over 750 owners and supporters from all over the world choosing to become members.

We are, as you can see, expanding to include C6/C7 ZR1 owners. Expanded membership in the future will give us the wherewithal to do things that have long only been a topic of discussion.

For the first time the Registry has setup a Facebook page both to keep up with the times and to compliment the forum and Registry website. 540 people have signed up for the Facebook page to date, many, like on this forum are not Registry members. Both the forum and the Facebook page now help drive Registry membership.

The Registry Website, long neglected, has been and continues to be updated.

There is finally clothing merchandise worth having in the Registry store.

Further refinements are scheduled for the Registry forum that will make accessing the knowledge base simpler.

Had it not been for COVID, a 30th Anniversary Gathering in Bowling Green was in the making like none before it. That will still happen in either 2021 or 2022. West coast gatherings are now in play again, once COVID subsides, along with the numerous other events around the country in which the Registry participates.

Over past year, since the start of COVID-19, we have been supporting our vendor sponsors with free advertising on the website, the forum and in the HOTB. Normally they would have paid for that advertising and sponsorship. We felt it was an important time to support our vendors businesses in light of how vital they are to our collective interests.

More initiatives are in the works.

While I wouldn't expect much of this to be known outside of the board, I suppose if we are guilty of anything it's not doing a better job of making known all the great things that are happening. I sincerely hope that some of those who were disillusioned with the direction of the Registry in the past will once again join us to make the Registry a better place for all ZR-1 lovers C4/C6/C7 and someday C8.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote