ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-24-2014   #171
edram454

Default Re: Corvette Museum

It is a hideous photo shot. I see where the zr1 spyder is at. It is 80% buried with just the left rear poking out. That dirt is heavy and I am sure it has done lots of damage. Hate to see these pics actually. I am just glad mine is not in there. It just makes those callaway zr1 spyders more valuable.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #172
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
The ZR1 spyder IS a Zr1 and that is the only one I care about. I still would change out the red interior. Great car. I saw it in person and I think I stood there 40 minutes. Love it.
A C4 with an OEM LT5 is a ZR-1, a C6 with an OEM LS9 is a ZR1. Nit picky yes, but an important detail as I was "taught" when I 1st joined here.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #173
efnfast

Anybody watching the live feed?
Bunch of guys in yellow vests moving transits around, but not much happening.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #174
Dynomite

I am guessing here but..........I bet those underground caves have everyone in that area wondering who is next. Time to change some construction site inspection rules at the State level (Pre and Post construction). And time to apply new technology to identify and monitor these underground caves.

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-25-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #175
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Anybody watching the live feed?
Bunch of guys in yellow vests moving transits around, but not much happening.
I noticed that too there.

Pretty cool job - standin' around and watchin' vettes, and gettin' paid for it.

Kinda' like bunch of guys standing around the back of a pickup truck, hangin' on the sides, lookin' at nothin' in the bed.

Or standing around a camp-fire, watchin' the flames burnin' up.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #176
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I am guessing here but..........I bet those underground caves have everyone in that area wondering who is next. Time to change some construction site inspection rules at the State level (Pre and Post construction). And time to apply new technology to identify and monitor these underground caves.
Just my thoughts......

I don't disagree with you and the technology is more than likely( basically geophysical seismic acquisition like we have used in the oil & gas industry for decades only now much more advanced and no "dynomite").

The problem in Karst areas, lies in knowing just how deep and large the "vug" (underground open area) is plus the overlying rock stress characteristics. Vugs & caves may take from hundreds to millions of years to form, depending on the amount of groundwater and resistance of the rock to solubility & erosion.

The roof collapse of a vug or cave may occur from a few feet thick to dozens or more feet. The roof collapse is not always "right under the surface" as it looks afterwards. The collapse may occur tomorrow or hundreds of years from now. There are so many variables that only the most eminent conditions might warrant preventative measures. So, what do you do if you detect a void space, say 112ft from the surface with only an approximation of rock overburden thickness, area and fracture strength, and empty or full of water? Avoid, build, pier, etc....?

To me, it's a bit like forecasting tornadoes. We are getting better, but seldom do we know exactly when or where until it happens. The certainty is only mother nature knows and ultimately she always has her way.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #177
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I noticed that too there.

Pretty cool job - standin' around and watchin' vettes, and gettin' paid for it.

Kinda' like bunch of guys standing around the back of a pickup truck, hangin' on the sides, lookin' at nothin' in the bed.

Or standing around a camp-fire, watchin' the flames burnin' up.
Good thing they don't have shovels to lean on. Yet.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #178
scottfab

They were running survey equipment just now.
I wonder if it's still moving?

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #179
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
They were running survey equipment just now.
I wonder if it's still moving?
I thought so too for a minute there - but early and current photos don't show enough to tell there...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #180
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I thought so too for a minute there - but early and current photos don't show enough to tell there...
I don't know. This crack seems to be getting bigger from my past observations.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote