ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2015   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Default I'm Back in Black

Hello all,

A few months ago I was ready to leave the ZR-1 community for good after not being able to register my 90Z in Japan, then moving back to Hawaii, only to have to move to California 2 months later. After doing some research I gave up on the idea that I was going to be able to get the 90 registered here in Cali with all the mods. I was about ready to part out or sell my 90Z when I started to look for a replacement old school muscle car.

Fast forward to last month when I made a trip to D.C. for work and met with WAZOO members (Rich and Yun) on separate occasions since my training was conveniently at the Washington D.C. Auto Show. We had discussions about what I was going to do and some of the cars I had been thinking about. I realized the good friends I met here and at the few Gatherings I attended over the years (once from Georgia and once from Hawaii) and could not get myself to leave.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago and I bought the Black/Black 95 that was advertised on the Registry from a local Northern California owner. I noticed that this specific car was also mentioned in the recent Corvette Magazine about the bargains out there for ZR-1s.

Well, here it is:

This car was a deal that I simply could not pass up since Black is the color that I should have had from the start. I could not have bought it from better people than Bob and Valerie; what a nice couple and awesome people. I promised I would take care of this car for them and they threw in so much extra stuff that I had to make two trips to haul the items home with my wife's car. Should have just brought the truck. The first thing I did was swap out the Black Chrome Repo A-Molds (I will be selling) and put on my CCWs that I had in storage. The factory A-Molds are in storage to keep them pristine. Is it a perfect 10 car, no and that would not have been good because I want to drive it (29,000 miles now). I plan to keep it pretty much stock to ensure I have the best chances to pass SMOG.

Anyway, after this I am now pretty much with the ZR-1 family for a while now. Just came back from taking the wife out to dinner for her birthday in this car and just love it. What a difference it is from the 90 I have. Now the only question is what I will do with the 90.

Take care and Aloha!
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 03-15-2015 at 11:59 PM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote