ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Pacific Region

Old 01-25-2024   #21
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Anyone from Hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak90zr1 View Post
Okay, I saved the Amazon led strip item from the other post you provided and put it on my wish list. For now I am going to just replace the bulbs X4 and then I bought 3m Strip Caulk to use for sealing the red plastic lens to the metal cover before I bolt it to the car. I had to carefully remove silicone that was holding it from the previous owner. It took me an hour to break it loose without damaging anything. I think the 3m black strip caulk will work fine to seal the light assembly in the metal cover. It should also allow it to be removed again easily if needed. It appears that the foam gasket is hard to find and discontinued. Maybe that's why using a waterproof led strip would be nice. My car has 1995 ZR1 rims on it and I really want the salad shooters. I am a stock kind of person. I just love how the salad shooters make the car stand out as a 1990. However, these 95 spoke ones are pretty handsome. I just purchased 3 ignition key blanks with the proper resistance and I am going to search for the door keys. I would like the GM logo ones for the door keys too. Furthermore, I am searching for a 1990 valet /power key. Hmmm what else, that's all I can think of for now.
Howzit Keith,

I found you a nice set of stock wheels for a 90. Hit me up so I can put you in contact with the owner. He sent me photos the other day but I do not know how to send them to you

Aloha,

Craig 🤙🏼
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024   #22
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Howzit Keith,

I found you a nice set of stock wheels for a 90. Hit me up so I can put you in contact with the owner. He sent me photos the other day but I do not know how to send them to you

Aloha,

Craig 🤙🏼
If Blak90zr1 changes his mind on Stock 1990 Salad shooters, I am looking for a couple (Maybe 4) 17 x 11 Salad Shooter Rims for a 1990 (rear axle)

Last edited by Dynomite; 01-27-2024 at 09:59 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024   #23
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
If Blak90zr1 changes his mind on Stock 1990 Salad shooters, I am looking for a couple (Maybe 4) 17 x 11 Salad Shooter Rims for a 1990 (rear axle)
Cliff, I hope Keith is okay. He disappeared like oil mist in your catch can! 😆
I saw you were looking for rears only, but you might need to buy the set from this seller and sell the fronts. Rear only is like finding a unicorn despite there are many of those these days.

Old 01-29-2024   #24
Blak90zr1

Hey Craig,
I sent you a PM. Sorry I have been travelling. My Mom passed away.
I am interested in all 4 (rears and fronts).

Last edited by Blak90zr1; 01-29-2024 at 11:55 AM.
Blak90zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024   #25
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Hey Craig,
I sent you a PM. Sorry I have been travelling. My Mom passed away.
I am interested in all 4 (rears and fronts).
Howzit Keith,
So sorry to hear it and my deepest and sincere condolences to you and your family. Safe travels back to home. The wheels are nice and a full set. You will like it and he has shipping boxes already, and he knows you are in Hawaii.

Aloha,
Craig

Old 01-30-2024   #26
Blak90zr1

Quote:
Howzit Keith,
So sorry to hear it and my deepest and sincere condolences to you and your family. Safe travels back to home. The wheels are nice and a full set. You will like it and he has shipping boxes already, and he knows you are in Hawaii.

Aloha,
Craig
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the thoughts. I talked to him and we are working something out with the wheels. The next item up for search in the future is a clear top. I only have the painted one. I am also trying to determine if some cars did not even come with a clear top. I have a window sticker, build sheet and of course the sticker under the console armrest. I have been trying to figure it out. Maybe I am missing something.
Keith
Old 01-31-2024   #27
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the thoughts. I talked to him and we are working something out with the wheels. The next item up for search in the future is a clear top. I only have the painted one. I am also trying to determine if some cars did not even come with a clear top. I have a window sticker, build sheet and of course the sticker under the console armrest. I have been trying to figure it out. Maybe I am missing something.
Keith
Hey Keith, Glad it all worked out and I could find a set for you. Any of those that you have can tell you how your car was optioned. I?ll send you an email so you can reply with window sticker and I?ll decipher for you. Those clear tops are pretty pricey and hopefully you can find the color you want in Hawaii. They can be packed carefully and shipped as I did the same for my 90 and then sold it separately when I sold the car. I had to back and forth from the mainland.

Craig

Old 01-31-2024   #28
Blak90zr1

Quote:
Hey Keith, Glad it all worked out and I could find a set for you. Any of those that you have can tell you how your car was optioned. I?ll send you an email so you can reply with window sticker and I?ll decipher for you. Those clear tops are pretty pricey and hopefully you can find the color you want in Hawaii. They can be packed carefully and shipped as I did the same for my 90 and then sold it separately when I sold the car. I had to back and forth from the mainland.

Craig
I am not in a huge rush to obtain a clear top, but I am probably going to want to have one someday. I wasn't aware there were different colors of the glass. I assume that any C4 top will fit? Are ZR1 clear tops specifically a certain color of glass? I sent you two emails one of the window sticker and one of the console sticker
Old 01-31-2024   #29
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
I am not in a huge rush to obtain a clear top, but I am probably going to want to have one someday. I wasn't aware there were different colors of the glass. I assume that any C4 top will fit? Are ZR1 clear tops specifically a certain color of glass? I sent you two emails one of the window sticker and one of the console sticker
Taking your time is best. Your had the blue instead of the bronze. The C4s have different mounting system so you want it from the late model.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_6666.png (62.7 KB, 6 views)

Old 02-02-2024   #30
Blak90zr1

Quote:
Taking your time is best. Your had the blue instead of the bronze. The C4s have different mounting system so you want it from the late model.
Hey Craig,

Thanks for the educational info! Perhaps I can find a C4 with blue from any 89 and up C4. It seems that the VIN of the car was stamped somewhere on the roof panel as well? Sad I don't have the original blue one.