Old 11-15-2016   #11
efnfast

Default Re: HOTB Issue 44

Amazing effort guys, thanks.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016   #12
dredgeguy

Outstanding job to all. I know it takes a huge effort and it was great reading.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #13
mgbrv8

Thank you so Much Gentlemen. I'm sorry it took me so long to see this post. I have been meeting my self leaving these days I have been beyond busy with my clients and scheduling. I want to thank all that contribute with articles and and photos. A special thank to my buddy Marc Lebryk with his help on Mr Haibecks article. Marc L is a professional photographer and he took time out of his busy schedule to stop by Mr Haibecks shop and do a full professional photo shoot.

Thank you again Gentlemen

Dave Hetrick
mgbrv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #14
Ozruss90

Hi all, New to the Registry forum and new to ZR1 ownership. Took possession of my new/old 1990 #1948 ZR1 a couple of weeks ago and so far nothing to complain about. It has some history attached to it. It was the First ZR1 to leave US soil, and went to the UK where it was featured in a performance magazine at the time.i have a copy of that mag. Some time later it came into Australia via the Northern Territory under special circumstances and managed to escape Australian compliance rules which means it's the only ZR1 left hand drive in Australia. In 2004 it was featured in an Australian magazine (unique cars) and put up against a C4 Callaway which it came came out on top. Also got a copy of that mag.as well Only done 9.5k and in stock original condition. Has all paperwork, cassette/ video tape etc. Bright red/ black interior. Would like to do some mods later but don't want to change the standard look. Performance improvements that can't be seen. Heard about the HOTB but how does one get access to it?
Cheers. Russell.
Ozruss90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #15
Vetman

Join the club. As our local car dealer says on TV, "You won't be disappointed!." Then you have access.
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #16
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozruss90 View Post
Hi all, New to the Registry forum and new to ZR1 ownership. Took possession of my new/old 1990 #1948 ZR1 a couple of weeks ago and so far nothing to complain about. It has some history attached to it. It was the First ZR1 to leave US soil, and went to the UK where it was featured in a performance magazine at the time.i have a copy of that mag. Some time later it came into Australia via the Northern Territory under special circumstances and managed to escape Australian compliance rules which means it's the only ZR1 left hand drive in Australia. In 2004 it was featured in an Australian magazine (unique cars) and put up against a C4 Callaway which it came came out on top. Also got a copy of that mag.as well Only done 9.5k and in stock original condition. Has all paperwork, cassette/ video tape etc. Bright red/ black interior. Would like to do some mods later but don't want to change the standard look. Performance improvements that can't be seen. Heard about the HOTB but how does one get access to it?
Cheers. Russell.
Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD OF THE BEAST!

Yes, you DO have a very unique car there. Congratulations! We'd love to see you post some pictures of it and you - could even be an item for the next HOTB.

far as discrete mods go, there are considerable performance enhancing modifications that can be done w/o disturbing the outward appearance. There are many innocent-looking ZR-1s with bore and stoke and cam modifications, sneaking around, waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting!

Modifications can be done in phases in such a way as to be part of an overall plan. For example, the plenum and injector housings and porting the top of the heads can be a "Do It Yourself" project - given die grinding tools and proper patterns, AND a modified "chip" calibration - OR you could send them to one of the jobbers here (in the USA) to have the work done, and reassemble your motor there.

Called "top end" porting, has resulted in jumping the rear wheel horsepower to 390-400+, depending. And, if you decided to go further and port the heads, the previous top end porting would simply complement the end results.

Lots of options -

To get copies of the HOTB magazine, only requires you be a member of the ZR-1 Net Registry. An annual membership costs $45 (US) for the first year, and $35 per year afterward to renew.

Contact XfireZ51 (Dominic Sorresso, membership Chairman) by Private Message (PM) for details.

Welcome to the Registry! You'll find it to be a vibrant group of enthusiasts willing to help with whatever your car needs.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #17
FU

OZRUSS90 Post up some pictures of that bad boy please !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #18
PhillipsLT5

#44, outstanding, much appreciated, WOW! Enjoyed the pic of Marc at Union Grove doing a wheelie in the Vega, I used to run there in a 67 GTO in the late 60's, memory lane
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #19
mgbrv8

Thank you very much Sir

David Hetrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
#44, outstanding, much appreciated, WOW! Enjoyed the pic of Marc at Union Grove doing a wheelie in the Vega, I used to run there in a 67 GTO in the late 60's, memory lane
mgbrv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016   #20
billschroeder5842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
there's an email with a link
Ok, Duh... where do I find it?

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote