ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Canadian Region

Old 01-23-2010   #1
flyin ryan

Default P.I.A.,...

My top of the line DeVilbiss Air comp., was giving me grief all week, Came in Monday morning to find the breaker had blown, flipped it on, everything seemed O.K., ported an Edelbrock Vic. Jr. Int. for a cutomer that day, 10½ hours, no issues. Tues. had to clearance an aluminum Hemi block for a Jesel belt drive cover, approx. 4 hours, no prob., Wed., had to rough out some LS-1 heads...well ½ way through, we got a problem, WTF? 1st thought it was the tank de-compression valve, changed that...worked a tiny bit better on start up for a little while but then back to be very growly on start-up. Tried to get my Comp. service guy out Thurs., but he had a dentist appt., , He showed up 1st thing Fri., turned out to be a swtich, was arching out a little but he doesn't touch elec. anymore & I couldn't leave at the time so had to get my Elec. in to look at the switch & run out & grab another...was able to finish up the LS-1 heads this evening, approx. 12¾ hours total. What a pain for a porter to have Air Comp. problems, Man...I'll tell ya'
Old 01-23-2010   #2
QB93Z

Default Re: P.I.A.,...

That is a bummer!

On the less than 2-year old Craftsman unit I have, the pressure switch contacts welded shut and the compressor ran continuously with the safety relief lifting. Luckily, I was home and heard it running and shut it down. If I had been away for the weekend, it could have run for 48 hours at full load. The electric bill would not have been pretty!

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote