ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-06-2013   #361
Franke

Question Re: TOP END REFINISHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Yeah - had to be a fluke. Problems never 'go away' otherwise...

I'm gonna' get a vid of the singing TPS, and try to get feedback from TCI and RPM Transmissions.
I'm not exactly sure of what you mean by "singing ckt TPS". Are you hearing something or reading something electrically near the trans?
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #362
Schrade

Default Re: TOP END REFINISHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
I'm not exactly sure of what you mean by "singing ckt TPS". Are you hearing something or reading something electrically near the trans?
Yep - as the TPS goes range of motion, something in the tranny buzzes. Pitch changes in the buzz, as the TPS arm swings. ONLY Closed Loop too - has something to do with some circuit gettin' energized in CL.

When I un-hook the power to the tranny control module, it does NOT happen.

The shop that did the tranny said it was probably a shielding issue, related to Fluid Pressure Solenoid. Pffft. SOMEthing in the install in not 100% correct, but again, no trouble codes in the programmable tranny controller. It even calibrates for 0% TO, and 100% TO, in it's own Setup Wizard, on the handheld interface for the controller.

Probably time to let this thread drop; maybe resume the 'Hesitation' thread 1990 Throttle Hesitation, FROM which Darryl chopped off for THIS thread... Top end is done - pretty sure it's done right (except for getting the TB to Marc, and re-installed).
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 10-08-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #363
orthodoct

Default Re: Throttle hesitation diagnostics?

Mine came off in two pieces and was ROTTEN: Jerry is THE MAN!
orthodoct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #364
Billy Mild

Did you find your solution for the idle issue?
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #365
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Did you find your solution for the idle issue?
No I did not Billy (although it's not an 'idle' condition) - it's an issue that manifests @ 1.6 - 2.4% TO.

Marc H said the 'lope condition' that comes in @ 1.6% TO, and that continues from 1.6% - 2.4%, is a condition that "ALL 7,000 LT5's have".

I don't agree, but he knows more than me.

So until I can properly read AND write to the memory & calibration module, the 1.6 - 2.4% TO glitch is still there. Kind of a bitch at in-town driving / low throttle. But I know that all else is clean and in good burn order...

And the 2nd TB block when removed put back in about a 75 rpm swing, in DM, that was not there WITH the block. Block made rock steady 675 rpm's Open and Closed Loop.

When I get the hang of coding, I'll put the block back in to eliminate air leak in the TB 2nd holes, which is really negligible, as far as tuning.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 10-08-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #366
orthodoct

I used CPU heat sink paste, used a finger to coat thin film over entire surface, torqued down in three steps, cleaned excess at margins with a q tip. Idea is to transfer heat from heatsink surface on underside of ignition module to plenum. Covering entire heatsink surface is the goal; can put on too little with result of incomplete transfer of heat resulting in hotspots with potential to burn out IGM, but too much only squeezes out excess when torqued. I play around a lot with electronics and ham radio. KC4NWF
Old 10-09-2014   #367
orthodoct

I got a 20 grams container from Amazon for about 10 bucks. Will last me a lifetime.
Old 10-09-2014   #368
orthodoct

Been using Bosch 4503 Platinum/Iridium with 4 prongs. Didn't think that that I would have to replace them until I got the PCV tube leak; fouled them.