ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Personal Racing Stories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2018   #1
Neat

Default 12.6 @ 117.99 today

8.35 @ 90.8
12.63 @ 117.99

First time out with the ZR-1, I've only had the car a few weeks. The car has a DRM 475 HP package, without the headers. The DRM work was done about 20 years ago. A few years ago Marc Haibeck looked the car over and fixed a variety of issues, and installed a newer computer chip. The bulk of the mods are:

-ported plenum and injector housing
-ported intake ports on cylinder heads
-larger intake cams

It's still using the stock exhaust manifolds, so I'm sure that is handicapping the porting and intake cams to some degree.

The car made 365 RWHP on DRM's dynojet 248 in 2001.

I was beyond pleased with the car today. My lack of ability as a driver is pretty apparent in the 60 foot time and the large disparity between ET and MPH, but I was happy as could be with the cars performance. The car is something of a family heirloom, and while I wasn't Sunday driving the car, I wasn't beating it to death either. I honestly think the car would have gone 12.30 @ 120 if I'd asked it to. I feel like a little more aggressive launch, and holding each gear until 7000-7100 would cut a fair amount from the ET. I might decide to beat on it to a greater extent later, but for now I'm more than content with what the car achieved.

Just had an awesome time, and was amazed at the MPH the car turned; so I wanted to share.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 117.99.jpg (13.5 KB, 136 views)
1991 ZR-1 #769 - Turquoise / black - DRM 475 -

1993 Mustang - White / Black - Twin Turbos - Other Stuff -
Neat is offline   Reply With Quote