Old 12-02-2021   #1
xlr8nflorida

Default Hagerty video on Z

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vs2td...ature=youtu.be
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021   #2
1991 Corvette ZR-1

Default Re: Hagerty video on Z

Long overdue. Had a feeling the C8 Z06?s engine debut would rekindle interest in the old school spinner engine ZR-1.
1991 Corvette ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021   #3
tgonyaw

Thanks for posting.
Hope this gets some air time. GM really had a dominate car that didn't get promoted. It's still the only integrated wide body.
After porting and headers ; makes about the same HP as the C8.
tgonyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021   #4
Matt B

Awesome!!! I love Jason's work, he's a great journalist. Long awaited video! Thanks for sharing.
I was always wondering, why Leno, DeMuro, etc always jump on Viper, Mustang and Camaro but totally ignore C4 corvette - particularly when you consider the ZR-1 as what it is: a piece of American car history, a major engineering milestone, one of the best cars of its time and last but not least a true gem. Shame on the ignorant crowd of so called "enthusiasts"

Sent from my SM-G991B using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
ZR-1 #638/1991
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021   #5
randy ransome

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.12.12 AM.pngCool video, I guess I'll get mine off the lift and take it for a ride, great weather here in God's Country today.

Thanks for the post.

randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021   #6
Bob Eyres

Default Hagerty video on Z

Just saw it.
If you havent seen it yet, its definitely one of the best things about the C4 ZR-1 on YouTube.
As a video guy, I was very impressed by the production value, and the amount of genuine information about our favorite car.
We might have a bone or two to pick about the hosts chatty, comedic, C&D type attitude. But overall, a great salute to the ZR-1.

HAGERTY ! One BIG thumb up from this owner.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.

Last edited by Bob Eyres; 12-03-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021   #7
GOLDCYLON

I loved it
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021   #8
Matt B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Eyres View Post
Just saw it.
If you havent seen it yet, its definitely one of the best things about the C4 ZR-1 on YouTube.
As a video guy, I was very impressed by the production value, and the amount of genuine information about our favorite car.
We might have a bone or two to pick about the hosts chatty, comedic, C&D type attitude. But overall, a great salute to the ZR-1.

HAGERTY ! One BIG thumb up from this owner.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Bob, check out his video on the new Cadillac CT5-V Black Wing. I'm not a video guy but that is a fantastic video packed with humor, stupidity, some great cuts and loads of entertainment. Sorry, not ZR-1 related but definitely worth watching if one is into ridiculous high performance cars.

https://youtu.be/j7YqdGt19tw

Sent from my SM-G991B using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
ZR-1 #638/1991
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021   #9
Erik

Camissa is about pretty well my favourite of the later crew of automotive journalists. Him and Jack Baruth.

Its about time the Zr-1 really got the recognition it deserved.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021   #10
XfireZ51

Now he should do a video on how the LT5 has been modded displaying the true potential this motor has.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote