ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-14-2014   #21
WVZR-1

Default Re: Fuse Help

Are you still asking the question:

What is I CONV PL and B CONV PL on 1991 Auxiliary Fuse Panel. And what is the Top 10 amp fuse on the 1991 Auxiliary Fuse Panel?

If yes I explained but will again. In '91 there was an accessory harness added to the console of the car for accessories. There are 3 wires B+ (12V), IGN (12V SWITCHED) and a ground. B-CONV PL is the fused B+ lead and the cigar lighter, I CONV PL is the IGN 12V switched lead. PL = PLUG I guess. In the console there will be an ORANGE (blunt cut) B+, a PINK/BLK (blunt cut) IGN switched plus a ground.

The top fuse is the L INST which I explained. In AUX 2 the AMP is above the fuse and it's function is below the fuse. I explained earlier what L INST controls but again it's the lamps in the mentioned switches and panels.

Do you use the accessory (blunt cut) harness (wires) in the console of your '91? Did you know it was even there? I thought I had seen you reference the wires/harness previously. Maybe NOT!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-14-2014 at 07:15 PM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #22
WVZR-1

I'd just like to see the OP respond with a "FIXED" when he's completed his fix. The rest of this has been mostly uncalled for and it's become even more confusing as it carries on. I wouldn't mind if the entire thread went away as soon as the OP mentions "FIXED" in either of his threads.
Old 07-14-2014   #23
Franke

Actually, I think there is good info in here and I learned a few things I didn't know but maybe time to put it to rest as WVZR1 says. While the brotherhood is providing valuable info, you definitely need a service manual with wiring section if you are going wire/fuse/component/values tracing etc. Good luck Mickey D.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #24
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
Are you still asking the question:

What is I CONV PL and B CONV PL on 1991 Auxiliary Fuse Panel. And what is the Top 10 amp fuse on the 1991 Auxiliary Fuse Panel?

If yes I explained but will again. In '91 there was an accessory harness added to the console of the car for accessories. There are 3 wires B+ (12V), IGN (12V SWITCHED) and a ground. B-CONV PL is the fused B+ lead and the cigar lighter, I CONV PL is the IGN 12V switched lead. PL = PLUG I guess. In the console there will be an ORANGE (blunt cut) B+, a PINK/BLK (blunt cut) IGN switched plus a ground.

The top fuse is the L INST which I explained. In AUX 2 the AMP is above the fuse and it's function is below the fuse. I explained earlier what L INST controls but again it's the lamps in the mentioned switches and panels.

Do you use the accessory (blunt cut) harness (wires) in the console of your '91? Did you know it was even there? I thought I had seen you reference the wires/harness previously. Maybe NOT!
Did not intend to make you mad, but as I had mentioned, I am not a mechanic, it is a 1990, and just thought it might be a fuse. I did not mean to put this thread in GP, so I also put in TP. I made a mistake, sorry! I will certainly tell everyone when it's fixed. I've had my mechanics (cranes not cars) check all fuses. I am taking it somewhere today. Sorry again to have bothered you.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #25
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
Did not intend to make you mad, but as I had mentioned, I am not a mechanic, it is a 1990, and just thought it might be a fuse. I did not mean to put this thread in GP, so I also put in TP. I made a mistake, sorry! I will certainly tell everyone when it's fixed. I've had my mechanics (cranes not cars) check all fuses. I am taking it somewhere today. Sorry again to have bothered you.
You were no bother at all. I just wanted to get you directed to which fuses should control the components that you asked about and there should have been no reason to pull the hush panel. AGAIN - you were no bother. Once you mentioned '90 I thought the thread would stay focused on the '90 but then it got complicated with the addition of the '91.

Good luck with the fix and I'm amazed that it wasn't just a fuse issue but maybe it's actually just a bad component.

Did you get the under-hood light working with a bulb replacement? Now your issue should only be the cigar lighter and the glove box I believe.
Old 07-16-2014   #26
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Actually, I think there is good info in here and I learned a few things I didn't know but maybe time to put it to rest as WVZR1 says. While the brotherhood is providing valuable info, you definitely need a service manual with wiring section if you are going wire/fuse/component/values tracing etc. Good luck Mickey D.
Before you guys put this to rest........

For those with 1991 ZR-1s there is a difference between the 1990 and 1991 Primary and Auxiliary Fuse Panels.

1990 and 1991 Fuses
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote