ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2014   #30
alwayscode390

Default Re: About to use my Tech 1a for the first time, pointers? ---

OK, I finally got a chance to go out and use my setup.

It said I had 1 stored code ... "Code 12" but no current codes.

I erased the stored code ... started the car up , and now the "SYS" alert is flashing where my MPG screen is LOL.

Is that because I erased a stored code, so it just came back up ... and after driving it will store itself again?

I also tried to erase my INFL RST code w/ the body systems cartridge and it said I needed the S.I.R./DUAL UART adapter to do that. Luckily I found one for sale on Ebay, Part No. TA00065 , I think its what I needed ... on the back it states "To be used with the TECH 1 when testing the S.I.R. Systems on GM's 1990 Y Vehicles and 1991 L Vehicles." Our cars are 4th digit vin Y cars, and mine is a 1990.

I'll let you know what happens when I try to test out the adapter, but for now I am curious about the new SYS deal.

When I put the "ECM Plus" cartridge in , it says NO stored OR Current codes ... so I cleared it just in case , and the SYS light is still on the dash when I start it up. If anyone can just confirm that I am clearing the codes, but they are just immediately coming back up before they can be stored again ... that would make me feel a lot better. Anyone know offhand what a code 12 is anyway? I'm off to try and research that right now.

THANKS! ---
90' ZR-1 Corvette LPE #699
alwayscode390 is offline   Reply With Quote