ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 03-18-2012   #11
tomtom72

Default Re: Unofficial Caravan to B. G.

Steve, Map Quest sent you south on 95 to NYC? That seems too far east to make sense to me from your home. What Doug said makes more sense from a driver's V. P. I was thinking that Harrisburg, PA is a "natural" meet point if you look at a map, JMHO. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to meet up near NYC and lead us down, but we need to be a bit practical on driving distances for all of us. No?

My take would be if John ( from Albany area ) intends to go to BG you and he could meet up somewhere south of you. Then I would meet you guys in Harrisburg, PA where 81 joins 78. This way all of us are always moving towards BG at all times. What do you think?

Yes, I stop when the car gets hungry and that usually means 4 stops from my home to BG. My bladder is usually good for a fuel run stint.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member

Last edited by tomtom72; 03-18-2012 at 07:05 AM.
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #12
efnfast

Tom, sounds good to me. Is there a landmark in Harrisburg? Rest area or something? I'm very unfamiluar with this area. What time?

Do I know John? Would be fine with me to hook up as we head south.

Google drags me right through the city. How is traffic at 6 am?
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #13
tomtom72

No chit! They say that route is the quickest time wise to BG? Okay if that what Google says, I'll run a check & see what I come up with just to be sure.

If you use Google's map/route then NYC at 6AM is a bunt....but if we meet up it will be north of NYC and we will skirt NYC into NJ and get 78 to PA & points south.

John fr Albany = John D. our Northeast Regional Director & NCRS judge. If he don't post up soon, I'll PM him & ask what he's doing for BG.

Jez, I'm such a social butterfly!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 03-18-2012   #14
efnfast

Actually, Dunbarton to BG took me the North route. Up to Buffalo and down through Ohio. I'll head for NYC. It's your stomping ground, pick the location and time, I'll be there.
Old 03-18-2012   #15
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Actually, Dunbarton to BG took me the North route. Up to Buffalo and down through Ohio. I'll head for NYC. It's your stomping ground, pick the location and time, I'll be there.
No Chit Steve! Okay, well then so far it's you & I. So I'll scope out a meet point somewhere in lower Westchester county as that's where I am. We will meet and proceed south from that point. Yea, 6AM sounds like a good time to me, but you will advise me of what is comfortable with you and your wife....I remember that it is never too good a thing to aggravate the better half!

I'll send a PM to John to learn his plans. He may not be attending as he is working now full time in his retirement. I'll hit up a few more people to see what plans they might have also.

Tom
Old 03-18-2012   #16
efnfast

If were passing close to you, maybe it would make more sence for me to call you when we're half hour away or so.
Old 03-21-2012   #17
tomtom72

Quote:
If were passing close to you, maybe it would make more sence for me to call you when we're half hour away or so.
Yes Steve, I'm going to go scout some locations that will be easy and safe for you to pull over and meet up with me. When I have picked a location that qualifies I'll post up.

I've just been a bit busy lately with work so I haven't had the spare time to go out looking.

Tom
Old 03-21-2012   #18
efnfast

No sweat Tom, still plenty of time.

Old 03-21-2012   #19
efnfast

Oh, BTW- new tires on Friday, and a dyno pull on Saturday. Headers aren't back from Swain Tech yet.

Steve
Old 03-22-2012   #20
tomtom72

Quote:
Oh, BTW- new tires on Friday, and a dyno pull on Saturday. Headers aren't back from Swain Tech yet.

Steve
Just curious on two counts: What number did she put down stock? Did/are you coating the entire exhaust system, headers + cat back?

I'm conflicted about coating the whole system, or at least everything except the mufflers. My reasoning, if you could call it that! Is what happens to the gas stream after it leaves the coated header and enters the uncoated pipes & resonator? It has to loose heat & slow down causing what ill effects? Too much cabin heat comes to my mind besides a loss in scavenging efficiency? Stainless steel is a very good at transferring heat very quickly. What are your thoughts on this Steve?

Tom