ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-04-2020   #1
Erik

Default Best Place to Buy Injectors?

Are FIC and Summit still the best places currently to buy injectors? Looked at Jerry?s, and only came up with the O-rings, so it looks like he doesn?t have them anymore.

These are the right ones at Summit, no?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-150821

Summit said they don?t work for my car.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020   #2
Ccmano

Default Re: Best Place to Buy Injectors?

Give Jerry a call, he's probably just temporary out of stock. His FIC's are matched and require no modifications.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020   #3
Corvette95

I have a tested set of Ford (Bosch) 30#'s ohmed and tested (primary and secondary) no leaks, replaced them with 10k miles on them as part of my 90 restoration. I checked each for any drips or leaks myself with full pressure on the fuel fail with no appreciable leakdown over 30 minutes maintains above 40 psi. If you are in a bind, you can have them free if you pay postage.
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020   #4
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette95 View Post
I have a tested set of Ford (Bosch) 30#'s ohmed and tested (primary and secondary) no leaks, replaced them with 10k miles on them as part of my 90 restoration. I checked each for any drips or leaks myself with full pressure on the fuel fail with no appreciable leakdown over 30 minutes maintains above 40 psi. If you are in a bind, you can have them free if you pay postage.
Thank you sir. Very much appreciated. I should know by tomorrow if I need a set. I?ll definitely let you know.

Old 11-05-2020   #5
dredgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette95 View Post
This is what the brotherhood is all about.....well done!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020   #6
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Are FIC and Summit still the best places currently to buy injectors? Looked at Jerry?s, and only came up with the O-rings, so it looks like he doesn?t have them anymore.

These are the right ones at Summit, no?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-150821

Summit said they don?t work for my car.
Just sold the last set in stock yesterday. We don't keep a lot of inventory due to cost. We are restocking now, should be back in stock by Monday. I have adjusted inventory so you can place an order for them if you want.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020   #7
tccrab

I put in Accells oh about 8 or 9 years ago and have had NO problems at all.
At the time they were the most reasonably priced alternative to RC Injectors at about half the cost.

'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020   #8
Erik

SO a week went by, and I realized that my mechanic was pretty clueless on LT-5 troubleshooting. So it got towed out of there yesterday, on it's way to what are hopefully better hands.
It remains to be seen if injectors are needed or not. I should have more info on Monday.

Old 11-15-2020   #9
Hib Halverson

Not sure of the question...is it "What's the best place to buy injectors?" or "Where can I buy the best injectors?"

If the latter question is right, that answser is easy: RC Engineering. If you want good injectors, use a few of the sources listed in various places on this forum, but keep in mind, a some of that stuff is just used injectors which have been cleaned ultrasonically. They are not new and are not even "remanufactured" in the sense that legitimate business use that term because stock LT5 injectors cannot be remanufactured nor can most other injectors used in an LT5.

If you want the best injectors for 1G LT5s, go to RC Engineering. More than two decades ago, the late Jim Van Dorn and I worked with RC Engineering to develop a set of high-end replacement LT5 injectors which would support at least 500-525-hp yet offer good driveability in all situations. RC Engineering continues to sell them today. They are a derivation of the Lucas rotating-disc injector design which was a far better choice that either the Bosch pintle (ie: Ford) injectors or the ACD ball and socket design.

If you are interested in the best injectors you can get for an original LT5, contact RC Engineering and ask for Wayne San Miguel who understands the 1G LT5 injector situation.

RC injectors are not the least expensive but they are an outstanding product. I installed a set in Barney's 500-hp Automasters "Street Skinner" engine in 1996 and they were still in the car when I sold it 20 years later. When I owned it, they were in-and-out a couple of times during plenum-pulls. I sent them to RC for cleaning and retesting. Each time they came back with a flow spread of 1.5% and "execellent" patterns.

Since I sold Barney, I continue to use RC Engineering injectors. I have a set on my '04 Z06 which have been there for about 13 years trouble-free. I just had RC clean the OE injectors out of my '12 ZO6. They came back with a flow spread of 0.9% and exccellent flow patterns.
current owner 19 VIN 1878
Hib Halverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020   #10
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
Not sure of the question...is it "What's the best place to buy injectors?" or "Where can I buy the best injectors?"

If the latter question is right, that answser is easy: RC Engineering. If you want good injectors, use a few of the sources listed in various places on this forum, but keep in mind, a some of that stuff is just used injectors which have been cleaned ultrasonically. They are not new and are not even "remanufactured" in the sense that legitimate business use that term because stock LT5 injectors cannot be remanufactured nor can most other injectors used in an LT5.

If you want the best injectors for 1G LT5s, go to RC Engineering. More than two decades ago, the late Jim Van Dorn and I worked with RC Engineering to develop a set of high-end replacement LT5 injectors which would support at least 500-525-hp yet offer good driveability in all situations. RC Engineering continues to sell them today. They are a derivation of the Lucas rotating-disc injector design which was a far better choice that either the Bosch pintle (ie: Ford) injectors or the ACD ball and socket design.

If you are interested in the best injectors you can get for an original LT5, contact RC Engineering and ask for Wayne San Miguel who understands the 1G LT5 injector situation.

RC injectors are not the least expensive but they are an outstanding product. I installed a set in Barney's 500-hp Automasters "Street Skinner" engine in 1996 and they were still in the car when I sold it 20 years later. When I owned it, they were in-and-out a couple of times during plenum-pulls. I sent them to RC for cleaning and retesting. Each time they came back with a flow spread of 1.5% and "execellent" patterns.

Since I sold Barney, I continue to use RC Engineering injectors. I have a set on my '04 Z06 which have been there for about 13 years trouble-free. I just had RC clean the OE injectors out of my '12 ZO6. They came back with a flow spread of 0.9% and exccellent flow patterns.
The question was the best place to buy them. I was up against the winter deadline, and needed to move quickly. If, and only if, me mechanic could answer my injector question.

Great injector info anyhow. I?ll have to do some more reading to really understand the differences between those three injector types.

And I?ll certainly reach out to Wayne.
Thanks!