ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1/ZR1 Corvette Shows & Events

Old 05-18-2015   #11
RussMcB

Default Re: Record Run Retrospective at the Gathering

Hib, thanks for organizing and moderating the discussion.

It was great to hear about your unique role in that event.

The discussion was great. I'm glad you all enjoyed it on stage. We certainly did in the audience.
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015   #12
ZR1North

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
Hib, thanks for organizing and moderating the discussion.

It was great to hear about your unique role in that event.

The discussion was great. I'm glad you all enjoyed it on stage. We certainly did in the audience.
I'll add my thanks to Russ' note, Hib. I thoroughly enjoyed the session and some of the new nuggets that I had not heard about or read before.
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015   #13
A26B

Excellent Seminar! You can read about the Record Run and imagine the people & the happening, but other than the ultimate experience of actually being a part of the Record Run, the next best thing is to hear about it from those who actually participated in the Record Run and were there to record it.
Many thanks to the National Corvette Museum, ZR-1 Net Registry, Hib Halverson and especially John Heinricy, Jim Minneker, Don Knowles, Ralph Kramer and Graham Behan for taking the time to share their experience and be a part of the 25th ZR-1 Anniversary Gathering.

Special thanks and best wishes to Tommy Morrison who I am sure was with us in his thoughts.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015   #14
Vetman

I'll second too!! When will the video be avaliable for purchase?
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015   #15
5ABI VT

That is so awesome ! The record books need to have a class for production based cars. Beating it in a purpose built car and taking a title.. cheating !!
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015   #16
XfireZ51

Hib,

Any chance you could provide transcripts of Q&A from the Gathering for those of us who could not attend?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015   #17
Hib Halverson

First, let me apologize for not replying in a timely manner.

I didn't realize there'd be so many post to this thread after the NCM C4 weekend.

Ok...the transcript.

That part of the Museum's deal. My understanding, from discussions I had with NCM staff prior to the event, is that the retrospective would be taped.

How one would get a copy is a question I cannot answer. I'll refer those wanting a video to Bob Bubnis at the Museum.

As for written transcripts of the Q&A, there are none. Best bet would be to get the video from the NCM and transcribe them yourself.
current owner 19 VIN 1878
Hib Halverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015   #18
ZR-1 Franz

"Apparently, overheating didn't affect the LT5 that much as, Hayner unscrewed the throttle stop for two victory laps at full throttle. That’s 15 miles at almost 220 down the straights and 190 in the turn after 5000 miles averaging over 170 and then overheating."

Hello from Switzerland,

This ZR-1 was really so fast? 220 mph means nearly 354 kilometers per hour. Is this true?
190 in the turn = 305 kilometers per hour.
This is amazing!

Have a good time,

Franz
Old 09-16-2015   #19
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR-1 Franz View Post
"Apparently, overheating didn't affect the LT5 that much as, Hayner unscrewed the throttle stop for two victory laps at full throttle. That’s 15 miles at almost 220 down the straights and 190 in the turn after 5000 miles averaging over 170 and then overheating."

Hello from Switzerland,

This ZR-1 was really so fast? 220 mph means nearly 354 kilometers per hour. Is this true?
190 in the turn = 305 kilometers per hour.
This is amazing!

Have a good time,

Franz
Franz temps were 220 degrees and 190 degrees Fahrenheit
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote