ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-25-2017   #51
Racinfan83

Default Re: Makes no sense to sell...

What I don't get is how a 1990 bimmer beemer whatever - that is roached except for the cheap paint job - is worth $42k? For a 4 banger? 290k+ miles? REALLY? And I bet parts for those are two or three times higher then even Z parts.. People are crazy.. There are BMW's all over craigslist for under $10k and I wouldn't buy one if my life depended on it...
I'm still ahead $ on my Z - but that's because I got a great deal on it (for those who don't know I traded a 71 Nova SS for it) and I haven't spent thousands on mods. I don't have time to drive it much so miles are still at 21k. It shows well - I've won class in 7 of 9 shows. I can get it out and have a 10 mile blast of fun and put it back away. I would love for it to be worth more - yes - but if it was I probably still wouldn't sell. Some Vette owners are financially able to just wheel and deal and buy/sell whatever they want - but some, like me, have less liquid assets then what their Vette is worth. So for now mine sits in the garage waiting for the opportunity to go terrorize the freeway once in awhile or get to go to a show. I'm not really worried about if it's worth $17k or $25k. If I have to sell it I will get what I get. I hope I don't have to. But this is a fact: if this site were to go away the value would decrease on all our Z's. Where else can we go to diagnose and repair issues - and find hard to find parts? This site is what helps us all maintain our cars...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #52
BigJohn

www.beemercompanies.com
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #53
BigJohn

www.beamerfallsmanor.com
Old 03-25-2017   #54
BigJohn

www.bimmer-motors.com
Old 03-25-2017   #55
henryr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
What I don't get is how a 1990 bimmer beemer whatever - that is roached except for the cheap paint job - is worth $42k? For a 4 banger? 290k+ miles? REALLY? And I bet parts for those are two or three times higher then even Z parts.. People are crazy.. There are BMW's all over craigslist for under $10k and I wouldn't buy one if my life depended on it...
much of the stuff can be cross referenced with other models (like i am finding with most of these marques). the condenser fan (NLA) went out on mine and it turns out the 318 fan is the same thing with a different plug.

i believe the e30 m3 is the most successful race car of all time... so people hang their hats on that. but at 7k+ made, they are not low production cars.

hopping out of the m3 into a zr1 for a drive is an eye opener....
henryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #56
Mystic ZR-1

Both run best above 5k rpm...
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #57
LGAFF

Next you'll be telling me that a fox body mustang sold for $70K

Wait...What????

http://www.onallcylinders.com/2017/0...sdale-auction/
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017   #58
edram454

how could anybody compare the boxy ugly bmw's to the sleek and beautiful corvette?? bmw's are ugly as hell. square german boxes. zero styling and puny performance. expensive to buy and expensive to maintain. my friend bought a 2003 m3 new and had it for 5 years until warranty almost ran out and unloaded that pile to some moron who I am sure is now paying lots in maintenance. German's in general make ugly sports cars. I like the amg slr mercedes and thats it.. it takes a lot of American tradition like side pipes, big engine with long front end styling.. its almost like a American engineer styled it. The rest of the Mercedes and bmw's are grandma cars.

Lets talk Corvette... shall we.

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #59
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
Next you'll be telling me that a fox body mustang sold for $70K

Wait...What????

http://www.onallcylinders.com/2017/0...sdale-auction/

A fool and his money are soon parted!

Auctions do not show value; just what some one is willing to pay that day.
Old 03-26-2017   #60
Vette73

Well it's obvious the reason why they sold at such high prices is the anemic
amount of miles each one had.....I owned a 90 Fox body and a 95 convertible..
These cars were no big deal...Nice, but nothing over the top..Not to safe in the rain also...

Put the same amount of ZR-1s against it with similar miles and you will see how they compare......Thing is, I gaurantee not one would sell at what they were going for new......They would fetch decent prices but not the percentage wise those Mustangs sold for ......

Example: what did a fox body mustang sell for new? 20K I have no idea...Now a few of his cars sold for 3-4 times the amount they went for new?

Picture a ZR-1 bringing in three times the amount as they were new.....
Not going to happen....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote