ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-26-2014   #201
XfireZ51

Default Re: Corvette Museum

We did a Registry donation for the Autopark a few years ago. Why would not something like this use a similar approach?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #202
Dynomite

OK Paul

Now lets help out the Museum however we can
I was just thinking and kind of as Z51JEFF was suggesting........Why not have a contribution from the Registry not to distinguish Non Paying from Paying Membership by letting us Non Paying Members kick in some bucks. All I need to contribute then is your PayPal address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Jeeeeze... guys! As Brett often reminds us, "Its just a car club!" I think we're in violent agreement here! I was just responding to ghlkal's question regarding what thoughts the Directors have on the NCM donation subject. By Directors, I assumed the question wasn't soliciting personal comments from individual directors like me, but asking more along the lines of what an official response involving the Registry (members) should be. There is a big difference, but not everyone (obviously) understands that.

The Mission Statement for the ZR-1 Net Registry club is "Keeping the Legend Alive". There are formal goals and objectives and dues collected to cover expenses (such as licenses, fees, event promotions (e.g., drag racing at Bowling Green) trophies, event sponsorships, BG gathering (a biggie), etc. and funds are budgeted; ALL in the name of providing the most fun from owning the ZR-1 as possible. There are 9 members on the Board of Directors that volunteer 100s of hours of their time to promote the enjoyment of the club for the members in ways most have no idea; some very visible things such as group purchases, locating supporting vendors and getting member discounts, gathering material and producing a news letter, membership recruiting, financial accounting and reporting, record keeping, etc.

So... When "chit happens" (or sink holes as the case may be) where club resources might be diverted from "Keeping the (ZR-1) Legend Alive", and priorities/budgets that are already in place have to be compromised to accommodate the emergency, MEMBERS have a say in how their club resources are used. That's all.

Individual's, members and non-members alike have good ideas and do a lot to support the hobby; yourself especially, Cliff. This place wouldn't be the great place it is without that kind of support to fellow Z nuts. That's the reason the forums are open to the public at no charge to members and non-members alike.

But, some are oblivious to how their bread gets buttered, and become petulant at the first sign of things that don't go exactly as they wish.

Dealing with organizations is often frustrating at times, boy-yo-boy (don't get me started!). We can respectfully disagree as adults anytime. But, as soon as someone starts getting derogatory, Forum Rule #5 (among others) kicks in - my meaning in bringing it up... I'd rather be hearing some ideas on how to raise a good amount toward the Museum and promote the Mission of the ZR-1 community at the same time than dealing with "pissy" (spelled with an "I", Cliff...I know you!)

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-26-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #203
USAZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Dealing with organizations is often frustrating at times, boy-yo-boy (don't get me started!). We can respectfully disagree as adults anytime.
Hang in there,Paul. You're doing a heckuva job and we do appreciate it.
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
USAZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #204
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Not me,Id take the Spyder just like it is...................you can keep the dirt
100% agreement.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #205
efnfast

Today at the museum we have ...guy in yellow jackets moving tripods around...boring.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #206
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Today at the museum we have ...guy in yellow jackets moving tripods around...boring.
Yeah - but like you said, today they're MOVING!

------------------------------------------------

Anyway here, we're looking at the link that Cliff posted. And I was wondering before, how they guided and turned the survivor cars, once they got ropes tied on for pulling them out of the area.

Dollies. DuH.

Then I'm lookin' for the pull ropes. Someone is gettin' 'em - right? After all, 'Do Not Touch' / get smudges on the car. And maybe as an ancillary consideration - SAFETY???

Next snappic - off the dollies, and no pull ropes.

Anyone else think this is a little risky?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #207
Schrade

I remember readin' about this car in Vette magazine, around 2000.

Neither Chevy or S Dakota call it a Corvette; but it's titled as a 'Zora-1'.

Technically, it IS an '83, isn't it??? Don't they have a White '83 in there somewhere?

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #208
Fully Vetted

Yes. The only one left...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover

Last edited by Fully Vetted; 02-27-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #209
Fully Vetted

Geez, that came out huge! Sorry, guys

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 02-27-2014   #210
Fully Vetted

I fixed it...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter: