ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 03-22-2012   #21
efnfast

Default Re: Unofficial Caravan to B. G.

Dyno this coming Saturday. I beleive the car is stock except for a K&N in the factory air box.

I'm only getting the headers coated. Unsure of the scavaging affects of hotter gasses. Mainly my thoughts were underhood heat and concern about wiring and such close to the headers. Cabin heat entered my mind, I gusee it was a money decision not to caot the entire exhaust. I can't imagine it would do any harm.

Here's the link to the dyno guy. This is for his live feed, I'll ask him if we can feed. Saturday the 24th at 8:30 is my appointement.

http://performance-dyno.com/dynocam.html

I guess we hope for the best.

I think I'll dyno again after the headers, exhaust, Marc chip, and new intake. It will be a little bit before I can do the intake and chip.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #22
jrd1990zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Tom, sounds good to me. Is there a landmark in Harrisburg? Rest area or something? I'm very unfamiluar with this area. What time?

Do I know John? Would be fine with me to hook up as we head south.

Google drags me right through the city. How is traffic at 6 am?

Hey Steve,

I think we met in Windsor a couple weekends ago. At this point I don't think I can make BG this year. Just started a new job and gotta save my leave for Carlisle.

If things change I'll post up.

John

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #23
efnfast

Bummer John, maybe I'll make Carlisle next year. I'll wake on my way through your neck of the woods.
Old 04-03-2012   #24
tomtom72

Okay Steve, I have been thinking on a meet point for you and I. I am thinking that you will be driving south on 95 in CT? I have picked a road, it's the Cross Westchester Expressway 287 Westbound. I will meet you on the off ramp at Exit 9 N-S. I will be on the shoulder of the ramp and we can meet there as it is wide enough to be out of harm's way.

Now I will get on to Doug from Mystic, as he is riding with me, to see if he is agreeable to meeting you on your way down 95 from his neck of the woods. I don't know what his preferences would be on this set up. It kind of makes sense to me if you and Doug convoy down 95 from Mystic to NY state. I figure it will take all of us about 45 minutes to hook up, drive down to my abode so I can drop off the DD & ride with Doug to where my Z lives and then get back after it. At the very worst we will be crossing the GW bridge into NJ & points south by about 7AM if we plan on a 6AM meet on the ramp off 287.

Of course this is subject to discussion so that we all can get comfortable with a plan that works for all of us. I'm figuring that you had planned on hitting NY state/CT border at about 6AM? Or do I have that wrong? Did you figure on hitting the GW bridge at 6AM? There is a slight difference in that I'm about 30 minutes north of the GW bridge. Anyway, let me know what you think and had planned, okay?

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #25
efnfast

My plan is to leave my house at 2:00A. I just made the trip to North Carolina this past weekend. I left at 2:00A and hit the GW about 6:30. I'm concerned about you sitting on the side of the ramp for too long. How is traffic in the city at that time of the morning? Shouldn't we be outside the city somewhere?
Old 04-04-2012   #26
tomtom72

Quote:
My plan is to leave my house at 2:00A. I just made the trip to North Carolina this past weekend. I left at 2:00A and hit the GW about 6:30. I'm concerned about you sitting on the side of the ramp for too long. How is traffic in the city at that time of the morning? Shouldn't we be outside the city somewhere?
Sweet! The meet spot I picked is about 1/2 hr north of the GWB! Okay Steve, no worries about me on the side of the ramp. It's safe, that's why I picked that spot. Okay I'm thinking I may ask Doug to get to me earlier so we can park his car and get my Z and meet you on the ramp and be bookin' right from the ramp. I just hate to even back track, even a little!

Hey, do you use eazy-pass up where you live? You guys proly don't have any toll roads, right? I'll pick a route to the GWB that has no tolls! LOL We have sooo many toll roads down here, EZY-Pass is the only way to go!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 04-04-2012   #27
efnfast

Sounds good Tom, EZ Pass in every vehicle I own. It would be great if we could leave from there, don' forget, my day is going to be 4 hours longer than your's
Old 04-04-2012   #28
efnfast

Tom, is exit 9 off 95 or 287?
Old 04-05-2012   #29
tomtom72

Quote:
Tom, is exit 9 off 95 or 287?
Steve,
Exit 9 N - S is off 287. I will send detailed mapquest link for this part. Briefly though, traveling south on 95 leaving CT and crossing the CT/NY border you will see a sign that says 287 west Tappan Zee Bridge/ White Plains, blah, blab and it is a right lane exit off of 95 south. That is your target, and exit 9 N-S is about 3 miles and it is a right lane exit. 9 N-S is labeled Hutchinson River Parkway N & S/ Westchester Ave/ White Plains/ 684 N Brewster. I will be on the ramp's shoulder.

I appreciate also that you will have a longer day than I. I'm sorry for failing to acknowledge that fact in my posts. In light of that, you will dictate the pace & stop schedule. I figure it will only take one pit stop to have our tanks synchronized. I figure perhaps by the meet point you should be at 1/2 tank or less. There is a Mobil station, along our route to the GWB, a short distance from the meet point which we can use if needed. I also have, as it's my home turff, a list of Shell stations along our route to the GWB.

Tom
Old 04-05-2012   #30
efnfast

Nice Tom, sounds like a plan. I'm excited about this.

Steve