ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southeast Region

Old 11-26-2010   #1
evl_twn

Default Reputable shops near ORL?

My Aunt (that I bought my Z from several years ago) still has an LT-1 C4 and a few other cars, some of which are having minor issues (C4 just needs a battery, also a '98 Z28 needs some power window work). I would tackle this myself if I was closer, but unfortunately I'm several states away. The C4 battery change is about a 5 min job, but I know she's going to pay through the nose at a Chevy dealer for just about any service work. She had the Camaro at a dealer and they told her they can't get the parts for the window anymore (I'm not sure why a dealer can't use parts from sources other than GM) but I checked some online parts places and you can get window motors and regulators everywhere.

I would like to know if anyone has a recommendation for a shop in the Orlando area (dealer or otherwise) that will treat her fairly and not rake her over the coals for getting some work done on her cars.

Thanks!
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #2
secondchance

Default Re: Reputable shops near ORL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl_twn View Post
My Aunt (that I bought my Z from several years ago) still has an LT-1 C4 and a few other cars, some of which are having minor issues (C4 just needs a battery, also a '98 Z28 needs some power window work). I would tackle this myself if I was closer, but unfortunately I'm several states away. The C4 battery change is about a 5 min job, but I know she's going to pay through the nose at a Chevy dealer for just about any service work. She had the Camaro at a dealer and they told her they can't get the parts for the window anymore (I'm not sure why a dealer can't use parts from sources other than GM) but I checked some online parts places and you can get window motors and regulators everywhere.

I would like to know if anyone has a recommendation for a shop in the Orlando area (dealer or otherwise) that will treat her fairly and not rake her over the coals for getting some work done on her cars.

Thanks!
Call Corvette Masters in Casselberry. They are right behind Roger's Corvette off the 17-92 - 407 831 3990. Ask for Robbie and tell him Yun recommended the shop.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote