ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 07-28-2010   #11
Aurora40

Default Re: German F-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
Here's an example of what I mean by my Alonso comments. The crash you mention Dave, Nelson Piquet (who crashed on purpose) where is he now....? I know where he is but my point being he has been blackballed by F-1. Alonso was in the middle of McLeran getting a HUGE fine because there cars 'maybe' looked liked Ferrari's a little. What was that fine again, 50 or 100 million...? Something ridiculous like that? I don't know how Alonso does it.....For the record, I don't have a problem with team orders either...To me it's a team sport. But in the eyes of F-1/FIA, team orders are not part of the agenda right now...so guess it's a no-no.
Ehh... Alonso was hardly "in the middle" of the McLaren thing. The engineers were in the middle. Alonso and Hamilton apparently knew about it, though, both of whom are still racing, not just Alonso.

Piquet wasn't a very good driver. He'd be nowhere no matter what, it wasn't until he lost his ride that he came forward about the crash.

If your dislike of Alonso is based solely on his whining, fair enough. Though I would bet most F1 drivers are or would be the same way, they just play the PR game better. But as to your earlier question about what is so great about him, it's his driving. I don't know how you can watch the guy race and not think he does some amazing stuff now and then.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Aurora40; 07-28-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010   #12
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Ehh... Alonso was hardly "in the middle" of the McLaren thing.
LOL....Then either you forgot the events that unfolded or you never knew. The fact he 'Does' have talent is the reason he's still in the sport.
Old 07-28-2010   #13
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
I don't know how you can watch the guy race and not think he does some amazing stuff now and then.
Absolutly....As I said earlier, he does more in less, was my main point. All the time he drove for Renault (both times) never heard Boo from him, Head down a** up, get er dun! 2 world championchips in the bag. But when he's with a 'Big' team, he's radioing back to the pits 'I'm faster, I'm faster', LOL. Then pass him! Too funny. As you say though, I'm sure all F-1 guys are the same in that they have someone trim the crust off their toast in the morning