ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 01-24-2014   #11
carter200

Default Re: Announcement

Dave,
You have done a great job and will be missed. Thanks for all your support...............

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #12
A26B

Dave,
You have moved the Registry website into the modern era with a well organized and refreshing look. My sincere thanks for all that you have done and profoundly hope that you will be able to continue to be affiliated with the Registry and lend a hand when needed. Your capabilities are exceptional and of extraordinary value to us.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #13
WB9MCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Dave,
You have moved the Registry website into the modern era with a well organized and refreshing look. My sincere thanks for all that you have done and profoundly hope that you will be able to continue to be affiliated with the Registry and lend a hand when needed. Your capabilities are exceptional and of extraordinary value to us.
ditto thanks Dave for all you did
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #14
John Boothby

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication!
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #15
DaveK

Hi everyone

I'm not leaving the club or involvement with the ZR-1. I love my car and would never part with it, it's a huge part of my life (my wife says I love the car more than her - which isn't true... maybe 50:50 ). I'll continue to act as a technical resource for the club as long as they need it, just not at the level I've done previously.

I may not make it to BG this year for completely unrelated reasons. My brother is planning to visit from England and that will take up all of my vacation for this year (if he comes at a suitable time I may take him on a road trip though ). I will certainly be attending the Gathering in 2015 (25th anniversary!!!!) and plan to do Carlisle at some point, so I'll definitely see everyone somewhere down the line.

If anyone has experience of web development and wants to help I'm sure the BOD would appreciate you getting in touch.

Thanks

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #16
Hog

Thanks Dave. Best wishes to you and your family.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014   #17
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

I've been working with Dave on the website for two years now and It's hard to put into words just how much he has done for the club during that time. Not just from a technical perspective but also by contributing to the HOTB, the organization of the club and improving our ability to communicate with our members.

Dave is the kind of person who will always give you a straight answer, no matter what the question is. Sometimes people misunderstand that direct approach and don't fully appreciate the true benefit of his advice or how much thought he has put into it. I also know that Dave, being the kind of guy he is will always give that advice if we ask for it and will always be there if we need him to be, regardless of whether he has an "official" position or not.

Dave, thank you for everything you have done for us and our club. You're the kind of person that helps make our community great - don't ever think of leaving us buddy!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #18
DaveK

Thanks everyone. Actually I just talked with my brother and he's booked to come over around the time Carlisle is on so I'm planning to take him on a road trip there.

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014   #19
ZR1North

I am behind on news, Dave, but I wanted to add my thanks for all you've done and continue to do. As Jerry said, you've brought us into modern times with your work. Hope to see you at an event in '14.
ZR1North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #20
Rex Ruby

Thanks for the massive man hours you put into the web site and other areas!
Hope things are well.

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Rex Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote