ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 NCRS for ZR-1s

Old 02-04-2014   #11
John Boothby

Default Re: 1990 Guide Halogen Lights Needed

My 1990 Vin 148 born on Sept 01, 1989 has glass headlamps. Guide Halogen.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #12
scottfab

My 90 SN 00064 (part of first production batch) is not plastic like
later years. They're glass.
I did replace them. Might have kept one of the originals. Will look.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #13
swamp

Thanks for your response. You are right at the cut off point between Glass and Plastic Headlamps on the 1990 ZR1. The Glass Headlamps should have Guide on the front. If they are Plastic you should have either Wagner or Sylvania on the front. If it is also no problem, when you get a chance could you look on the driver's side door jam and get the build date. It will be on the top label, second line and look like 6/90.

Thanks again and I do appreciate your time and effort. Hope it stops snowing soon.

Pat
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #14
swamp

I should have looked at my data base before I asked you for the Build Date.

In my data base right around your VIN # of 2093 I have April 4/90 and May 5/90 Build Dates. Your 1990 ZR1 probably has one of those Build Dates. However, if you get a chance could you confirm this.

Thanks again.

Pat
Old 02-04-2014   #15
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
I should have looked at my data base before I asked you for the Build Date.

In my data base right around your VIN # of 2093 I have April 4/90 and May 5/90 Build Dates. Your 1990 ZR1 probably has one of those Build Dates. However, if you get a chance could you confirm this.

Thanks again.

Pat
I own the car now of the orginal OP 90 #1964. The car has Wagner plastic lights which according to the NCRS technical manual are correct.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #16
swamp

Thanks for your response. In my data base, which is limited, I have your VIN #1964 as Plastic, VIN #1990 (After your VIN) as Glass and VIN #1996 as Wagner Plastic. It looks like this is somewhere around the change over period from Glass to Plastic. Everyone (20) who responded with the ZR1 Headlamps after VIN #1996 had Wagner Plastic Headlamps.

I will take any and all information concerning this matter. I am making no judgements, just gathering this information for everyone to review. Happy to share my results.

I have forwarded all the responses that I have received from this survey to the NCRS National Team Leader for the 1990-96 Class for his review.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-04-2014   #17
Z06scentair

Quote:
Thanks for your response. In my data base, which is limited, I have your VIN #1964 as Plastic, VIN #1990 (After your VIN) as Glass and VIN #1996 as Wagner Plastic. It looks like this is somewhere around the change over period from Glass to Plastic. Everyone (20) who responded with the ZR1 Headlamps after VIN #1996 had Wagner Plastic Headlamps.

I will take any and all information concerning this matter. I am making no judgements, just gathering this information for everyone to review. Happy to share my results.

I have forwarded all the responses that I have received from this survey to the NCRS National Team Leader for the 1990-96 Class for his review.

Thanks again for your help.
Well for NCRS sake I have both, Guide glass as well as Wagner Plastic.

Wonder if extra points are awarded for one of each installed?
Old 02-04-2014   #18
swamp

We might have now determined the cut off point. They put the last Glass Guide Headlamp on first and then they ran out of them and then the UAW Worker went to the other side of your 1990 ZR1 and put on the first Plastic Wagner Headlamp.

I am just joking, but I am glad that you mentioned that to me as I will adjust my data base for that interesting fact. I have heard of such things in the past where two items that were suppose to be for one year but the parts was from two different years on an original Corvette.

I am not kidding about the notation, if you say so, then I will record it as one of each. Yeah I know someone will ask me later, what side was the Glass Guide on and what side was the Wagner Plastic one on. That is when I leave the building. I will also be asked if the Plastic Wagner was possibly a replacement for a burned out Glass Guide Headlamp. That is when I leave all together.

I do appreciate you time and effort.
Pat
Old 02-04-2014   #19
Z06scentair

Quote:
We might have now determined the cut off point. They put the last Glass Guide Headlamp on first and then they ran out of them and then the UAW Worker went to the other side of your 1990 ZR1 and put on the first Plastic Wagner Headlamp.

I am just joking, but I am glad that you mentioned that to me as I will adjust my data base for that interesting fact. I have heard of such things in the past where two items that were suppose to be for one year but the parts was from two different years on an original Corvette.

I am not kidding about the notation, if you say so, then I will record it as one of each. Yeah I know someone will ask me later, what side was the Glass Guide on and what side was the Wagner Plastic one on. That is when I leave the building. I will also be asked if the Plastic Wagner was possibly a replacement for a burned out Glass Guide Headlamp. That is when I leave all together.

I do appreciate you time and effort.
Pat
I was actually just joking above. Maybe I should have clarified, the car has a set of plastic wagner lights in it now and they appear to have never been changed.

I had purchased a set of Guide glass just to have in case the NCRS decides the start of plastic was after my vin 1964.

Best Regards,

Brad
Old 02-04-2014   #20
swamp

Brad, I was not actually joking in total. You are at just about the cut off point where the Glass Guide Headlamps in my survey stop and the Plastic Wagner Headlamps begin for the 1990 ZR1 model. I would not change anything and keep the Glass Guide Headlamps as they might be worth something.

I have been passing along this information to the NCRS National Team Leader for the 1990-96 Class in hopes of correcting the Judging Manuals.
I do appreciate your time and if you come across any more 1990 ZR1's, keep me in mind.

Thanks again for all your help.