ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Mid-Atlantic Region

Old 02-19-2021   #21
rkreigh

Default Re: New Z in Wazooland

The brotherhood of the beast is not your typical gang of car guys or corvette owners. WAZOO is a "club within a club" dedicated to helping keep the ZR-1 viable with hands one work for just the price of a few brewskis. When you see how many folks get just plain ripped off and the cars botched by hamfisted folks that don't know anything, the desire to dive in and DIY gets stronger. The ZR-1 LT5 has the misnomer of being so hard to work on. BAHHH WAZOO indeed showed me that it's not the case and I went from being afraid to touch the car to ripping out and building engines.

Jim is a very gracious host, and opens his garage and shares expertise and tools with all that care to come.

Thanks Jim!!!! As another of the "ex presidents" WAZOO continues to be a highlight and prime example of our fav saying

"it's the people, not the cars" And as you will learn hanging with WAZOO, the ZR-1 guys are tight and dedicated to preservation of a very special vette.

I have other vettes that are more powerful and faster, but you don't find the "peeps" in those clubs like you do with the ZR-1

Welcome!! (I'll share some of my old 70-74 TA pics, right before I did vettes I was into early 2ndf gen TAs) That was IMHO John Delorean's best work. the old TA is quite the ground pounder
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote