ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Prototypes

Old 05-19-2018   #11
Blue Flame Restorations

Default Re: I saw a 86 Narrowbody prototype for sale

I would ask to not be too hard on Keith. He's proud of the work he did on the car and sad about the work he needs to do again. It's a ton of work to bring these cars back to life. If mine were to catch fire like this, I'd honestly doubt I'd have the drive to do it all over again.

I've spoke with him. He'll be posting here soon.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018   #12
eurovettes

Hi Guys - I had some trouble getting logged into the net - now its OK
sorry you all feel bad about my post.

On today of the Royal Wedding I can now post a reply

This car is more than just a narrow body with a zr1 engine - its the earliest survivor of the LT5 program.

It comes with SO much history and paperwork that I collected from the time I saved it from the junkyard in UK to now.

I also have a load more prototype stuff including another chassis (as in HotB) and ph1 engine, 6 spd trans etc

The whole package of exclusivity should be valued in XS of $200k

I am in California now back in Uk June 1st I can be contacted keef@eurovettes.com at any time

Cheers
Keith
I hope the gathering is a great success - so sorry I cant be there
eurovettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018   #13
spork2367

No hard feelings over the post, but even someone with money is going to be turned off by the “if you have to ask...” comment.

I think most people who frequent the forum are aware of what the car is. The car really isn’t anything more than a narrow body with an LT5, no matter what the provenance is.

It sucks about the fire. I wouldn’t wish that upon anyone’s collector car regardless of value or rarity.

200k? Not in a million years. Not that it’s an unrealistic figure for a car of that significance in general, but because of what the car is specifically. A c4.

As it sits, with all the extras, it’s probably worth 20-50k to someone who is in love with zr1s, has deep pockets, and/or a lot of free time.

I hope some does purchase it and continue the project.

Best of luck with the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovettes View Post
Hi Guys - I had some trouble getting logged into the net - now its OK
sorry you all feel bad about my post.

On today of the Royal Wedding I can now post a reply

This car is more than just a narrow body with a zr1 engine - its the earliest survivor of the LT5 program.

It comes with SO much history and paperwork that I collected from the time I saved it from the junkyard in UK to now.

I also have a load more prototype stuff including another chassis (as in HotB) and ph1 engine, 6 spd trans etc

The whole package of exclusivity should be valued in XS of $200k

I am in California now back in Uk June 1st I can be contacted keef@eurovettes.com at any time

Cheers
Keith
I hope the gathering is a great success - so sorry I cant be there
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018   #14
Blue Flame Restorations

I just don't understand how anyone can be so rude about someone else's car, no matter what your personal feelings are.

Keith, we all know how important this car is to the heritage of the ZR-1.

1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1957 Duntov SS Project
Old 05-20-2018   #15
GOLDCYLON

My view gents a 1 of 1 car. Value is determined by what somebody else is willing to pay for something. The owner can ask any price they wish. Yellow is a pretty htf color as well.

However I feel like the comment if you have to ask was a little rude. And if I may so since I was born in Northampton England, a little toffee nosed. I wish the seller luck in finding a restoration professional to rehab this now project and wish to express zero ill will for him and his car. It is a part of the ZR-1 history

Would love to have it. Way beyond my reach but hey I'm ok with that.

GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018   #16
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
I just don't understand how anyone can be so rude about someone else's car, no matter what your personal feelings are.

Keith, we all know how important this car is to the heritage of the ZR-1.

Umm...wow! I hope Kieth didn’t take anything I said about the car as personally as you did because it wasn’t intended that way. As I already said, very cool car, very cool piece of history. Unfortunately C4 zr-1s are not nearly collectible enough for a pre-preproduction test mule car to fetch 200k in damaged condition. That’s simply the reality. He can ask whatever he wants, it’s his car. I’m not offended by his asking price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
However I feel like the comment if you have to ask was a little rude.

GC
This. Not one single potential buyer is going to be impressed by a comment like that. And I’m sure there are ALOT of people who could afford that car, even at 200k, who would have had no idea what to offer. It’s fishing at best, and down right rude and pretentious at worst. But that has nothing to do with the car.
Old 05-21-2018   #17
tccrab

Really?!!!
Really?!!!!!!!!!

You guys, this is a piece of history.
Not just a car, but a CAR.
No more, no less than one of the GT40's that won Lemans.
No more, no less than Grumpys original "Swamp Rat".
No more, no less than Richard Petty's first #43.

Keith, you own a true "One Of A Kind".

Sell it to someone who knows what it means and cherishes it for what it is.

Anyone who disparages it has no idea what it is or what it's providence is.

I will buy a lottery ticket tomorrow and if I win...well............

'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018   #18
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tccrab View Post
You guys, this is a piece of history.
Not just a car, but a CAR.
No more, no less than one of the GT40's that won Lemans.
No more, no less than Grumpys original "Swamp Rat".
No more, no less than Richard Petty's first #43.

Keith, you own a true "One Of A Kind".

Sell it to someone who knows what it means and cherishes it for what it is.

Anyone who disparages it has no idea what it is or what it's providence is.
The car is a special car. We've all said that. It's just not a huge money car. That's not my personal feelings speaking, as I have no personal attachment, like, or dislike of the car. I'm not sure why anyone (especially people who don't own the car) are taking that so personally.

No one in here has disparaged this car. This isn't a race winning car, it's provenance is as a proof of concept test mule. A mish mash of standard C4 parts and ZR1 prototype parts. It's very cool, and unique, but that doesn't mean huge money. And in its current state it has extensive damage, which cuts into that value significantly.

If the car and spare parts, as they sit now are worth 200k, then Brett's car is worth 600k...

The seller is welcome to ask 200k and anyone is welcome to pony it up. That's how the free market works.
Old 05-21-2018   #19
RussMcB

Amazing car. I'm sure some day it will be fully restored and appreciated because of its unique and historical importance
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022   #20
Blue Flame Restorations

I spoke to Keith recently about rebuilding the car. We?ll see what the future holds.
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1957 Duntov SS Project