ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

View Poll Results: "ZR-1 Net" keep as listserver or new Forum?
Listservice? 28 43.75%
Forum? 24 37.50%
Keep both? 12 18.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2005   #21
zr1mom

Thank you Marc and everyone!

NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005   #22
cadillac531

Default cadillac531

I like the listserv. I check my email many times a day. I probably won't check the forum as often. It's just much more convenient to have everything in the email, than a forum.
cadillac531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005   #23
GENO!

Default Keep the Listserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom
Ok lets do a poll, the question is should be keep the "ZR-1 Net" as it is today, a listservice or move to the forum format you see here?
Mom,
I vote to keep the Listserve. If you do termimnate it later can you please find a way to at least keep the archives to search? I find it has tons of useful information. GENO!
GENO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #24
JayTee368

This is very good.
Noticing the drop in traffic I was getting concerned things were heading toward a natural close.
What a relief to see this!!!
Great job Dave as usual and a most grateful thanks.
The Forum is the way forward... IMNSHO!!!
Old 08-01-2005   #25
ZR1 MK

I vote for the forum.
ZR1 MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #26
95ZR1

The Listservice e-mails are a PITA. Dave, you're always going to have people object. You know the forum is a better way, just do what you know is best because doing it both ways isn't the right answer.
95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #27
Z Factor

As I said to Dave in an email, I agree with his explanation to Bob regarding the forum. He and others probably were unaware it has existed for several years.
As suspected, there are those members who like the listserver, but they may not realize that others have actually avoided joining the registry because of it. I for one held off on joining for fear of endless emails filling up my box. While I accept it now, others have undoubtedly never joined because of it.

Personally I think he made a wise choice in keeping the listserver around for the time being because of the memberships requests. However, I would suggest we continue to try and make everyone aware of the forum so they will participate on it more frequently.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #28
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrwon.ca
I hate this Forum, especially because of the L98 to LT5 title and the stars and the "post the most to win a prize", now we have a bunch of BS posts that takes hours to go through just to find something of value, I hate to miss on anything or reply to anyone in need but I'll have to call it quit until everyone gets their 5 stars and LT5 status or till Sept. when the contest of the most wasted post is done and over with, I almost got sucked in and started to post useless info or replies just to earn my stripes but then I realised it was a waste of my time and everybody else's.

See you in Sept. (maybe)
Have you ever heard the saying, "you don't throw the baby out with the bath water"? Several of your posts have been of a complaining nature which is fine since you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else. However, you need to try and understand that we are working hard to stimulate forum activity at the moment. A successful forum has plenty of activity. Since the forum was started several years ago, this is by far the most activity we have had. That is not to say everyone must like it, but try giving us a little understanding and go with the flow. We have almost registered several hundred more users in the past few weeks, and will naturally experience growing pains from some peoples perspective.

You are welcome to post as much or as little as you like, but as the forum grows we will make adjustments based on the members requests. So rather than leave, try staying, posting constructive suggestions, and give it a chance. You can always choose to leave at a future date if the forum is not right for you. I for one hope you stay to make it a better forum for everyone to enjoy.

Old 08-03-2005   #29
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrwon.ca
Thanks and welcome to you too, we might need a moderator against this kind of personal attack.
Hello Al,

Sadly you have chosen to take a valid observation and characterize it as a personal attack. Try reading the entire post again and see what my overall message to you is.
You might well be having a bad day, or are frustrated with the forum at the moment, and it is clouding your judgment. All I'm asking you to do is try seeing the glass as half full rather than half empty, and give us a chance.

Sincerely,
JIM

Old 08-03-2005   #30
WB9MCW

Talking I'm So Happy

u can please some of the people all of the time...u can please all the people some of the time...but u can't please all of the people all of the time!!! nuff said I have my *****LT5 STAR***** i'm so happy!!! 100 posts not too hard eh !!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 08-03-2005 at 11:39 PM. Reason: why I am so happy*****LT5 STAR*****
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote