ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 07-28-2012   #41
flyin ryan

Smile Re: General update/heads up...

Well...Got word from U.S. Immigration the other day I have been accepted . Haven't been on my laptop at all till now to let you all know. I still have to stick around until sometime next week for my 'Hard copy' paperwork to arrive before I head back to Canada. I'm right in the middle of a big concrete job at my house in PHX anyways I want to see through. So, another step closer...
Old 07-28-2012   #42
Hammer

Talking Re: General update/heads up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
Well...Got word from U.S. Immigration the other day I have been accepted . Haven't been on my laptop at all till now to let you all know. I still have to stick around until sometime next week for my 'Hard copy' paperwork to arrive before I head back to Canada. I'm right in the middle of a big concrete job at my house in PHX anyways I want to see through. So, another step closer...
Congrats. Do Claudein and Cienna get to stay too????? Just askin' 'cause they are kinda' shady characters.

Warm enough for ya down there buddy? Bet you've put more miles on the '90 since you been down there than in the last couple years. Enjoy.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #43
scottfab

Default Re: General update/heads up...

Quote:
Great to hear you're legal. We have enough of the illegal aliens =D>
Congratulations.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #44
WB9MCW

Hey Ryan congrats just saw the thread for the first time and I have to admit it was quite the surprise to see the change in your life. Talk about going from one extreme to another you da man.

So are you going to someday become a actual US citizen?

My mom held off for 30 years but finally did go the dual route of both Canada and USA citizenship. Maybe you will do that someday as well.

In fact now she is bragging about becoming a Floridian for tax reasons vs Illinois.
She is a snowbirder between the two.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #45
FU

Congrat's are in order

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #46
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
Congrat's are in order
Couldn't agree more.... Whooo Hoooo!
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012   #47
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Congrats. Do Claudine and Cienna get to stay too????? Just askin' 'cause they are kinda' shady characters.

Warm enough for ya down there buddy? Bet you've put more miles on the '90 since you been down there than in the last couple years. Enjoy.
Oh' ya'...They'll be coming...But...We have to get married!! She can come down under my work visa no problem so long as we're married (we've been together for 20+ years), U.S. doesn't acknowledge common law...apparently. So we need to do that & get her passport changed over to my name etc.,...

It's warm enough, no complaints about that.

I've easily put 4x's the miles on my 90 Zee compared to what I've ever put on back home since I've owned it (July 2006). It's my driver down here for now...It know's the way to Lowe's, LOL!

Thanks John...You in for Spokane again this year...?
Old 07-28-2012   #48
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW View Post
Hey Ryan, congrats just saw the thread for the first time and I have to admit it was quite the surprise to see the change in your life. Talk about going from one extreme to another you da man.

So are you going to someday become a actual US citizen?
Thanks B. .

It's my one chance to try to do something like this...or forever accept my fate...Stuck in the frozen tundra.

Not interested in becoming a citizen really, would like to aspire to 'Permanent residency' one day...Only differance is a citizen can vote, I don't need to vote that bad...don't feel that's my right really, to be honest....

Thanks for the props guys...I'm not gonna lie, it's been a painful process for 5 months .
Old 07-29-2012   #49
Hammer

Talking Re: General update/heads up...

Quote:
Oh' ya'...They'll be coming...But...We have to get married!! She can come down under my work visa no problem so long as we're married (we've been together for 20+ years), U.S. doesn't acknowledge common law...apparently. So we need to do that & get her passport changed over to my name etc.,...

It's warm enough, no complaints about that.

I've easily put 4x's the miles on my 90 Zee compared to what I've ever put on back home since I've owned it (July 2006). It's my driver down here for now...It know's the way to Lowe's, LOL!

Thanks John...You in for Spokane again this year...?
Holy cow. After 20 years you have to get married?

I doubt I can make Spokane this year as we are waiting on a new grandbaby anytime now, she's due at the beginning of September. I imagine we'll be busy for awhile now. Will you be coming through Boise to get to Spokane now. If so let's at least try to hook up for a quick visit.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #50
scottfab

Quote:
That makes sense because we're so moral and everything down here. Yah, right.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote