ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 05-07-2007   #1
Hammer

Talking BG2008

My 2 cents on this is not in September. The West Gathering has been right at that time the last two years and there will be a conflict there. Both events will suffer.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007   #2
Peaven

Default Re: BG2008

Yeah, I could see that being a problem...the prospect of having the BG gathering with Z06's or C5/C6's seems like there'd be overflow crowds everywhere....too bad we can't drum up more interest from the C4 faithful and make it a big enough C4 event to stand on it's own.

The West Gathering is and would be compelling by itself, what with the pull of Vegas, the Standing Mile, etc....wish it wasn't almost twice as far of a trip than BG.
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007   #3
Kevin

For me the lure of the gathering has always been the small scale of it. This way there is more of a chance to get to know your fellow ZR-1ers and kick back. This is why I liked the gathering over all other events I go to. What do Z06s and ZR-1's have in common....umm the letter Z. This seems that it would cost the NCM more money in the long run. Twice the seminars, twice the guest speakers, twice the auctions, ect...unless of course they plan to pull a GM on us.

I seem to remember a time when a ZR-1er could pull his car into the ncm, put her on the lift and check it out to see what broke at the drags....or other general horseplay we all do. Now we're forced to drive back to the hotel and cobel togehter some half-assed, best we can do and hope no one dies solution. Hey, times change I get that. But it seems that the NCM is forgetting who brought her to the dance. I had to miss this year do to a scheduling conflict but I remember last year there were very few ZR-1s on display. No active car, no snake skinner, no V12, no Pirate Race car (I maybe wrong on this one. I remember the C5 priate car and the World Record car but I can't remember the Pirate Z). I understand space is limited and it could be a pita to move cars around but it's not like there wasn't advanced notice we were coming.

I feel like the gathering is now an after thought, and changing the gathering to a mix of C5/6/zr-1 keeps the 40th registry, callaway, gs, and general C4s from attending. I think that this maybe needs a little more thought. Right now I'll be sending my dues to the blue and white association rather than the NCM
Old 05-08-2007   #4
guinnessdood

Trust me...there will be significant discussion about all of this...and in the end it will be up to the members. You will not be sold a bill o' goods...
Past OWNER 90 ZR-1 #0120 Red/Saddle
UT Plate: EZR1DER
guinnessdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #5
Hammer

Talking Re: BG2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaven
Yeah, I could see that being a problem...the prospect of having the BG gathering with Z06's or C5/C6's seems like there'd be overflow crowds everywhere....too bad we can't drum up more interest from the C4 faithful and make it a big enough C4 event to stand on it's own.

The West Gathering is and would be compelling by itself, what with the pull of Vegas, the Standing Mile, etc....wish it wasn't almost twice as far of a trip than BG.
Last year Marc Haibeck drove down from Illinois in two days. 1,700 freakin' miles in two days. We all appreciated having him there and I think he had a great time. Standing mile must have done it.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #6
Belsy

I feel the Z cars only could be fun!! Z-06 , ZR-1s at the drags should be interesting. Too many C-5s & and soon to be C-6s to be included here so if the Z cars , Gran Sports & Callaways all set a date to gather it may work??
Belsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #7
Peaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Last year Marc Haibeck drove down from Illinois in two days. 1,700 freakin' miles in two days. We all appreciated having him there and I think he had a great time. Standing mile must have done it.
Agreed, the standing mile would be awesome...it's what our cars were made for.
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #8
Ruby93ZR1

I was wondering, has anyone contacted the ZO6 community and got their response about combining drag racing events? I don't really know what kind of turnout they are experiencing during their ZO6 Fest. Is there enough room to combine both events, such as dinners, etc.

The way I understand it, as far as the NCM is concerned, all Corvettes regardless of year, is welcome at any Corvette event. I personally woudn't want to combine evening events such as dinners, banquets, pizza gatherings, but I think it would be great combining track events during the day. It would give us some competition to look forward to.

Larry
Ruby93ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #9
FU

IDEA... have the Zr1 meet at BG just as we did this year.Same time etc. Race all day Wednesday. Hold our own fun. We don't need the guidance of the NCM or any thing else. The Sept. dates are too close to the gathering out west.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #10
DonZRMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2
IDEA... have the Zr1 meet at BG just as we did this year.Same time etc. Race all day Wednesday. Hold our own fun. We don't need the guidance of the NCM or any thing else. The Sept. dates are too close to the gathering out west.
Don Martin agrees..,
DonZRMartin is offline   Reply With Quote