ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Mid-Atlantic Region

Old 08-07-2021   #11
secondchance

Default Re: Are WAZOO Maintenance Days Still Happening?

How about a progress report today? Steering rack and headers done?
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021   #12
Arctic91

Bummer... but I'll see you all at Carlisle! Not sure if he's planning to go, as well, but I'll let him know to stand by for a Sat in Sept if he can't meet yup with us there.

Scott

'95 Callaway SNAT 450 Aerobody Coupe - Black/Black
'92 Callaway SNAT 400 Convertible - Polo Green/Beige
'91 ZR-1 #1231 - Arctic White/Saddle (SOLD)
'90 ZR-1 #2547 - Turquoise Metallic/Black
'89 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe #027 - Black/Black
'85 Corvette 454 Coupe - White/Red
Arctic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021   #13
dredgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
How about a progress report today? Steering rack and headers done?

Yes, full day and got a lot done. Steering rack and cooling system back in, headers with dip stick bracket in and rear suspension with new bushings all in. Plus we had a feast with breakfast and then crab cakes! Dan, Jim and Dimitri were in the front of the car, Rich and I on the back of the car. Did I say that everybody needs a minimum of six 10mm sockets!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021   #14
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
Yes, full day and got a lot done. Steering rack and cooling system back in, headers with dip stick bracket in and rear suspension with new bushings all in. Plus we had a feast with breakfast and then crab cakes! Dan, Jim and Dimitri were in the front of the car, Rich and I on the back of the car. Did I say that everybody needs a minimum of six 10mm sockets!
Sockets, wrenches, swivels, etc. Im ordering more today LOL might even get a necklace attachment so I keep one handy hahaha

Still in awe of the work we accomplished! Need to keep this momentum going this week. Hope to have it fire up by Friday.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021   #15
Axial

Quote:
Raymond and Scott, our get together today was an unofficial maintenance day just trying to get Dimitri's car together for Carlisle. It was very last minute. I spoke to Jim and looks like the schedule is full so we will not be having a maintenance day before Carlisle. I sure look forward to meeting everybody at Carlisle and my sticker came in the mail yesterday. We will have our ZR-1 Net Registry tent plus another smaller tent where we can do some repairs if anybody has any issues. Last year it was a water pump replacement in the grass!
Scott, maybe your buddy for the podcasts can come and meet with us at Carlisle or after the show at Boomerangs for dinner/drinks? If not sure we will have a regular scheduled maintenance day before the Mountain Run end of September.
All good, the car's been in its current state for two years now, the energy of this board is enough to get me to start poking at it. I ended up checking all my plugs yesterday, which are standard copper with about 12k on them, to look for fouling. Driver's side valve cover seal is definitely in need of replacement, oil was all over the top-half of the plug on cylinders 1, 3, and 7. But no fouling, and no oil on the electrodes. Gaps all still in spec at 0.036, decided to try pushing them out to 0.042 based on some of the advice in the Technical section. After a long enough drive to get it properly warmed up, it seemed to behave a little better under heavy throttle, but I'm not yet convinced that isn't placebo.

I'm not sure yet about Carlisle. Lots of wheels turning right now, need some of those to finish going where they are going. I should know by the end of the week; if there is no opening, then next year for sure!

Quote:
Sounds like an incredibly productive day, nice!
Old 08-20-2021   #16
Axial

So, no Corvettes at Carlisle for me this year, too many things going on.

Next year!

I have taken the steering apart to replace the pin (new oversized pin is in) but have been bamboozled by the plastic MFS actuator that the FSM offers zero help to reassemble and only marginally more to even identify the piece. Oof!

Update:

easybutton.jpg

It all went back together easy because the grease in the column was enough to hold the piece in place while I fit the cover back over it. Nice!

Last edited by Axial; 09-14-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Axial is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wazoo