ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 08-27-2021   #1
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Torque Detail vs. other ceramic/poly polishes

I'll get right to the point: Compared to Zaino's polishes, how would you compare them to the (new?) TORQUE DETAIL products?

The Torque products 'Ceramic' SiO coating and their shine pritz I find have been the next step - leaving Zaino behind - far as results/efficiency. IOW, ONE treatment with this new Torque stuff looks as good or better than 6 layers of the Zaino stuff - including finishing with their Z8 final finish!

The jury is still out on how long it lasts. But, the application part is hands down easier than anything I've tried so far!!

Anybody have any experience with this TORQUE Detail STUFF??

Some more reviews of the Torque Detail stuff.

https://upgradedreviews.com/torque-detail-reviews/

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 08-31-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021   #2
hiperf406

Default Re: Torque Detail vs. other ceramic/poly polishes

I have not used the Torque brand of ceramic coatings as yet but I have been using the McGuire brand & it seems to be better than the regular coatings.

When the flag drops the bull sh1t stops!
hiperf406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021   #3
Corvette95

How did it go as in leaving any white wax residue on black trim? Does it cake up in the places like the gap between rear bumper or antenna grommet? My cars aren't daily drivers, but I only clay bar them and apply clear "ICE" brand to it because it goes on clear and dries clear (even on black weatherstrip and trim) but I have been trying to decide if any of these new products ..i.e. ceramic coatings are a real thing. I also used to use Zaino and liked those results. It is time for my annual wash and polish now on my 95. Also, how did the application and removal go (ease of application and removal, do you apply wax in a circular motion (I do not use the circular wax on wax off method)? Any swirl marks? What would you say your paint condition was in prior to application By that , I mean , paint was already in a deep gloss,"wet" looking condition? Did it have any spots or issues you were trying to fix such as swirls, spiderwebbing, water spots etc.? (i know those are a lot of questions!!!! Would like to about the entire process if you have the time). Also, maybe you or someone can explain how products such as Teflon or Ceramic coatings adhere to the cars paint when it is supposedly a non stick product. I have read a lot of reviews but really would like to hear all about it from someone I trust. Thanks!
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021   #4
DRM500RUBYZR-1

I have not used the Torque ceramic product.
I had used their detail product for a few months.
It worked fine; nothing spectacular. My daily driver did not look like a Ferrari with the bottle sliding to the ground, although it was slippery.

I stopped using the Z products years ago.
They too worked fine.
However it seemed and still seems silly to have to use all of their products and use them multiple times to achieve "fine".
Let others pay.
I will not.

Meguiers, Mothers, Turtle, and many other name brands make very fine high quality products. Those companies have more folks just in their R & D department than those boutique companies have in their entire business, yet their prices are a mere fraction of the others.

I liked Griots and Adams but as they became popular, their prices increased while their products still worked "fine".

I have close to 300 bottles and cans of darn near every product ever made on shelves in my basement.

Very few products will ever deliver the results that the now defunct "Liquid Glass" with no dust and no swirls and no wax to heat up and smear.
Still have 2 of the last cans.

However, the newer products now seem to work just as fine.

Marty's Maxim: If it cost more than $25.00 per container, you likely are wasting money.

Some things never change.
1- wash the car with Dawn to remove all wax
2- clay bar (or better yet Nano pad) and detail spray to remove contaminants
3- polish with the lightest polish needed to remove your particular imperfections, going progressively lighter in strength
4- polish with glaze after the correcting polish
5- use a synthetic sealant
6- use a high quality wax like Gold Class afterwards to make it POP and add depth
7- use detail spray containing wax to keep it looking perfect.

I use a detail spray with wax that costs less than $25.00 per GALLON!

And the most important final step......

Upon completion, grab a few glasses of wine, a six pack, or something pleasingly sip-able, and sit in your garage and admire your work til dark.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021   #5
mlipmd

Like I wrote on your other General Postings thread - I have used Torque Ceramic on my red '90 and it came out amazing, looking like a new car. Airborne dirt and pollen just blow right off or come off with a light rinse of water. The water just runs right off too without leaving water marks. I have also used their waterless cleaner once and it also makes the car look like new. Both are very quick and easy to apply just with a clean microfiber cloth.
I recommend these but haven't used them long enough to see how long it will last, altho the company says to reapply the ceramic once a year.
My previous best product was Rejex, but I think Torque is much better. And I like real simple, not spending 4-6 hours to clean and detail my car.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021   #6
lfalzarano

I find the same results with Mequiars ceramic wash and wax coating to wash the car and rinse off. I then overdo the project[emoji16] by spraying on Mequiars ceramic wax. The finish comes out flawless and dirt and dust doesn?t stick to it. Just use a California duster once in awhile.

Highly recommend both products!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 08-31-2021   #7
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
I find the same results with Mequiars ceramic wash and wax coating to wash the car and rinse off. I then overdo the project[emoji16] by spraying on Mequiars ceramic wax. The finish comes out flawless and dirt and dust doesn?t stick to it. Just use a California duster once in awhile.

Highly recommend both products!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Thanks for this review on the Meguaire's ceramic products.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote