ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Old 02-25-2014   #1
-=Jeff=-

Default So what ARE Official Events this year?

Just curious..

I know Bowling Green is one

Carlisle?
Bloomington Gold?
FunFest?

Any other Registry Sponsored ones?

Like I said mostly curious and wanted to see if anything come at a time thatI am not busy with my kids in, Soccer, Swimming, Scouts...
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #2
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: So what ARE Official Events this year?

nothing? anything?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 02-27-2014   #3
RHanselman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
nothing? anything?
Patience is a virtue…

Official: Bowling Green and Carlisle

Investigating: Vegas Gathering

Soliciting: Any and all others...
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #4
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHanselman View Post
Patience is a virtue…

Official: Bowling Green and Carlisle

Investigating: Vegas Gathering

Soliciting: Any and all others...
Sure, I can be patient and I am most of the time, but I asked the same question last year..

Bowling Green and Carlisle I assumed would repeat, I thank you for your response, just knowing what the thoughts are is great, whether they materialize or not will depend one a lot of different things, I get that..

You mention you are soliciting others, so maybe better questions to ask are these:

1. What are the requirements for a Registry sponsored event?
  2. If someone has an idea for an event, other than posting here, who is the correct contact?
  3. If the event is Registry Sponsored, what does that mean, how is the registry sponsoring that event? (smaller scale at a state or regional level) not like Carlisle or Bowling Green.

I think if members knew more of the requirements and limitations for events it would help to get people to step up and take one on..

EDIT:
The reason I am asking now is so I can potentially plan anything if needed. I get very busy over the summer with my kids summer sports along with some work commitments etc, it is sometimes tough to plan on a shorter notice.

you mentions a Vegas Event, now I know personally I will not be able to make it to that event, but I think knowing when you re thinking of doing it might help those who my want to go but have to travel a good distance to get there. Maybe you don't know the month or date, but I would guess you have some target dates..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 02-27-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added content
Old 02-27-2014   #5
RHanselman

Quote:
Sure, I can be patient and I am most of the time, but I asked the same question last year...
Lots of retired guys out there that don’t realize that others have jobs and this is just a hobby and not a profession… Gets tiring if you know what I mean… I'd like to see them step up instead of complaining...

Quote:
Bowling Green and Carlisle I assumed would repeat, I thank you for your response, just knowing what the thoughts are is great, whether they materialize or not will depend one a lot of different things, I get that...
You assumed correctly…

Quote:
You mention you are soliciting others, so maybe better questions to ask are these:
  1. What are the requirements for a Registry sponsored event?
  2. If someone has an idea for an event, other than posting here, who is the correct contact?
  3. If the event is Registry Sponsored, what does that mean, how is the registry sponsoring that event? (smaller scale at a state or regional level) not like Carlisle or Bowling Green.
As far as the additional questions go:
1. The Board of Directors will review and vote on the proposed event
2. The Events Director (currently yours truly)
3. Well it depends: Sponsored Events could include advertising only or it could come with funds depending on requests. We are in the process of defining other aspects such as Vendor sponsored events. Each will vary and will require some sort of Board of Directors discussion before approval is given.

Quote:
I think if members knew more of the requirements and limitations for events it would help to get people to step up and take one on...
Well maybe some will step up however the guy that wants to do it will make it happen and ask the good questions. I (and a small group of members) held 3 ZR-1 Events in Las Vegas and we would have continued with or without sponsorship. Guys have to have driven and motivated to be successful. The Guys that have to be told probably aren’t the right guys to put on a successful event… I could be wrong… but maybe they should have a chance.

Quote:
EDIT:
The reason I am asking now is so I can potentially plan anything if needed. I get very busy over the summer with my kids summer sports along with some work commitments etc, it is sometimes tough to plan on a shorter notice.
I get this loud and clear… I’d like to post a year out but unfortunately this year I relocated as the new year arrived. I hope to start on the 2015 desired list and post as soon after I can get the head nod from the Board.

Quote:
you mentions a Vegas Event, now I know personally I will not be able to make it to that event, but I think knowing when you re thinking of doing it might help those who my want to go but have to travel a good distance to get there. Maybe you don't know the month or date, but I would guess you have some target dates..
The Vegas Event has been discussed in the General Section. One of our members wants to hold the event and the Board will help sponsor. We are still awaiting what the event will look like and how we can help. The Board would like to make this one of our annual events as well to help keep our membership west of the Mississippi engaged.

Hope this helps answer your additional questions…

BTW – I’m also soliciting for Event Volunteers. Would be good to have someone like yourself that’s interested.

Cheers,
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #6
-=Jeff=-

Quote:

As far as the additional questions go:
1. The Board of Directors will review and vote on the proposed event
2. The Events Director (currently yours truly)
3. Well it depends: Sponsored Events could include advertising only or it could come with funds depending on requests. We are in the process of defining other aspects such as Vendor sponsored events. Each will vary and will require some sort of Board of Directors discussion before approval is given.
1) I still think there needs to be something in place prior to board approval, Meaning that if I wanted to plan an event, get Registry sponsorship, before I devote time to planning and before we devote board members to review and vote, give us some guidelines. The guidelines might help with planning from the beginning..
2) When I asked last year it was before you stepped into the role
3) thanks for this info, it sort of falls back in to #1 in a sense too

Quote:
Well maybe some will step up however the guy that wants to do it will make it happen and ask the good questions. I (and a small group of members) held 3 ZR-1 Events in Las Vegas and we would have continued with or without sponsorship. Guys have to have driven and motivated to be successful. The Guys that have to be told probably aren’t the right guys to put on a successful event… I could be wrong… but maybe they should have a chance.
Yes I agree, but some might want to know if there are any limitations in it being a Registry event, they still may forge ahead whether the registry sponsors or not, but sometimes the piece of mind knowing upfront helps

Quote:
I get this loud and clear… I’d like to post a year out but unfortunately this year I relocated as the new year arrived. I hope to start on the 2015 desired list and post as soon after I can get the head nod from the Board.
I totally understand that, you made a life change after you volunteered, I am glad to see you are looking to try this in 2015 though.. You have given it thought, that is what matters.. Life changes tend to derail our volunteer time plans..

Quote:

The Vegas Event has been discussed in the General Section. One of our members wants to hold the event and the Board will help sponsor. We are still awaiting what the event will look like and how we can help. The Board would like to make this one of our annual events as well to help keep our membership west of the Mississippi engaged.
I think the posts around it need to be moved to the 2014 events then ( planning or planned)

I also think a 2015 Events section should be added, always keep and additional year ahead, someone might have an idea but they may not be able to do it this year, good place to have thoughts for the year it is planned..

Quote:

Hope this helps answer your additional questions…
Yes Mostly

Quote:

BTW – I’m also soliciting for Event Volunteers. Would be good to have someone like yourself that’s interested.
I would love to but I will refer back to your first part of the reply

Quote:
Lots of retired guys out there that don’t realize that others have jobs and this is just a hobby and not a profession… Gets tiring if you know what I mean… I'd like to see them step up instead of complaining...
I am not retired, my kids are 9 and 11.. oldest is a swimmer and the younger will be swimming this summer too.. so my weekends in June and July are full, August I travel for work, I am not making excuses, I would love to plan something, but I just cannot due to family/job commitments, but I am more than happy to help where and when I can.

I want to see the registry grow, have more events and more importantly (as I tell my scouts) HAVE FUN!! this is a car club, we are suppose to have fun.

I have 'chaired' events for my local club in the past, so I know how hard it is to get volunteers (like any organization that runs on Volunteers). Like I said I am willing to help wherever I can..

Thanks for the info!!
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 03-07-2014   #7
Daniel_Mc

Hey Jeff,

While not a "Registry Sponsored Event" several of us get together at Cruising the Coast in Biloxi, MS each fall. It's a great event and very laid back. We tend to fire up the grill a few times and just enjoy things. As it gets closer I'll post something in the regional section on this.

-Daniel

[B]1989[/B] Red Coupe #10166
[COLOR=black][B]1989 [/B]Black[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Coupe #23990[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][B]1991[/B] ZR-1 White #1639[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]FRANK APPROVED ZR-1[/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=red][COLOR=black]1996[/COLOR] G[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]S[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]port[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]Coupe #564[/COLOR]

========================================
"It's not about the car, it's about the people..." DJ
Don't forget to support your [URL="http://corvettemuseum.com/"]National Corvette Museum[/URL]!!!
Daniel_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #8
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Mc View Post
Hey Jeff,

While not a "Registry Sponsored Event" several of us get together at Cruising the Coast in Biloxi, MS each fall. It's a great event and very laid back. We tend to fire up the grill a few times and just enjoy things. As it gets closer I'll post something in the regional section on this.

-Daniel
Yeah we do that here too.. mostly Pizza Nights. But I was curious if the Registry was going to sponsor than 2 this year.

Especially since many cannot make it to Bowling Green or Carlisle
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978