ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-23-2023   #1
DaveK

Default Value Question

Hi everyone,

A gentleman here in Ontario, Canada contacted me a couple of days ago. He has a ZR-1 that he's looking to sell and not sure of its value. I'm a little out of tough with prices too, so thought I'd ask here.
The vehicle is a 91, Black with gray interior. It's sat covered in a heated garage for the last 20 years and hasn't been started in that time. Mileage is approximately 42,000 miles from what he remembers. The owner is getting on and not interested in trying to restore it to derivable condition. The car is completely stock from what he knows.
I'm guessing this would probably be best used as a parts car, bringing it back to life after all that time would no doubt be a lot of work.
So what's it worth?

Thanks in advance.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023   #2
kz098123

Default Re: Value Question

Selling it as a parts car sounds a bit extreme. Parts cars are best created from totaled out vehicles.

Sounds like it is fresh fluids, new rubber, and a cleaning away from becoming a driver again, unless there are other issues that are being omitted here.

If he wanted to unload it quickly, $15K USD would probably find him a buyer without much issue.
kz098123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023   #3
bob@tradeshowconsulting.c

I agree with kz98123
As long as it was parked in great running condition....and was stored in a heated garage as you say..the biggest issue would be fuel degradation..so after dealing with that ,and certainly a fresh oil/filter change. A new battery and fire it up after priming the oil pressure
Then you can see /hear what you have,,, then coolant ,brake , power steering,clutch fluid and tire change ..

I wouldn't consider it a parts car as long as it wasn't wrecked or put a way with big issues.I could be a great driver for years to come....
bob@tradeshowconsulting.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023   #4
JG95ZR1

Sitting for 20 years is a long time but definitely not a parts car but for sure a project considering the whole fuel system will need to be replaced from the gas tank, pumps, filter, injectors and regulator. Been done this road many times plus US buyers have to pay someone to do the paper work and transport fees to the us border. I bought my first 95 from Toronto dealer and forget about the possible mice issues. $10-15k depending on overall condition.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
JG95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023   #5
DaveK

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll pass the info on.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote