ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Canadian Region

Old 07-30-2014   #1
Hog

Default Powder Coating shop in SouthWestern Ontario

I justwanted to let all you Canadian and close to Ontario American ZR-oners. That my Uncle Bob has been running a Powder Coating business for teh last few years. He is a retired Mechanical Engineer with 20 years at his last job working for Holland Hitch/Hollant equipement.

Just to give you some background on my Uncle in regards to the "iron" he has owned/worked on over the years.

He and my other Uncle raced a Willy's coupe and then switched to a Dodge Dart with a 725hp dynoed 426hemi with massaged Dominator dual quad carbs, tunnel ram, 13:1 compression, tubbed with D60 rearend. Not sure if these were his best ET/MPH but one run that I remember was a 10.01@ 157mph.
Then he got married and all the racing stopped.

He picked up a rare car that was the 1st MOPAR attempt at aerodynamics for NASCAR racing and was the of the 3 aero cars.(1969 Charger 500, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. and 1970 Plymouth Superbird.
All 3 share the same stainless steel covers on the A pillars. The Dodge Charger "500" replaced the gaping mouth Charger grille with the more aerodynamic flush mounted Coronet grill along with the
Its a 1969 Charger "500". It was 1 of 27 made and was equipped with the dual quad carbed 525hp/490 lb/ft torque hemi, 4 speed manual trans, Dana 60 with 4.10 gears and a Suregrip.

This is the regular Charger's rear window and decklid.

Compared to this car. This could be mu Uncles car

He sold the Charger 500 and got himself a 1991 flat 12 cylinder 4.9l Ferrari Testarossa with 6700miles on the odo, he actually enjoys this car and actually drives the car. My Uncle powder coated the Ferrari rims and they turned out MINT. He has also done some rare 3 piece BMW rims. He is currently working on a mid 60's vintage Ferrari.
He does quality work, is honest and can email you some pics of his work.

RAM Powder Coating, owner Bob McLeod, located less than 5 minutes South of the 401 and highway 59 intersect just South of Woodstock in a small village of Curries.

PM me for contact info.

Thank you folks.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018   #2
Crusin

Default Re: Powder Coating shop in SouthWestern Ontario

Good to know close to my residence. Thanks for info
Crusin is offline   Reply With Quote