ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2012   #1
rhipsher

Default Exhaust for max performance.

Ok I've made a few decisions. My long term goal is to aquire a prestine low mile 385 or 415 stroker. And Im sure one way or another I'll have it. I've decided not to sell mine to get one. I've got way to much time and labor invested in all the work I've done to it. And Id be lieing if I didn't say im a little emotionally attached to it. A good ZR-1 friend. Suggested that after the top end porting I did almost two years ago that I owe it to myself and finish it by getting the headers X pipe high flow bullet cats and a good exhaust system. Im gonna get rid of the Borla. Im gonna have Corey fab me up the Jeal headers and make my high flow bullet cats removable so I can remove them after emissions testing and a pipe to fit in place of the cats if its possible. My question is 2.5" or 3"exhaust. Corey once told me that a 3" B&B is to much for a stock displacement LT5. And that it will cost me torque. Then a year later he tells me I need a 3"B&B. That's confusing. I know everybody has their opinion but what are the facts?
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote