ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 06-23-2012   #1
flyin ryan

Arrow General update/heads up...

Hey fella's...

Just wanted to give you all a little update/heads up on what's been going on with me. Some of you know, most don't...

I sold my Truck Wash up here in Alberta at the end of January, almost simutaniously bought a house in Phoenix AZ. Haven't spent much time there yet. Mananged to get one of my Zee's there in April. Beautiful driving in the area, absolutly love it.

Have a firend of mine has been bugging me for a couple years to come work with him at his shop in Glendale AZ.

http://www.rwrengines.com/

Have never been able to take him up on it because I was tied to my Truck Wash here. Have always dreamed of one day ending up somewhere of good climate. So I'm trying to make a life change, I guess you might say.

I'm heading down next week to submit my work visa papers, which has been a seriously painful process to put it mildly, once I submit I can't leave the U.S. until they give me an answer, sounds like I'll be there for the better part of July. If things go good we want to be in Phoenix full time by November, hopefully .

So, to that end...I'm need to start thinking about paring down some things. I'm not in full bore 'Sell' mode or anything, but thinking about it at least...Some of you may have seen on the main page I just listed my Black 90, 29 mile Zee (Thanks for posting so fast!). Lot's of paperwork on the car, never been registered etc., etc. Not really sure what I need/want out of it, but I'd be willing to package with other things if anyone's interested, crate LT-5's/ZF S6-40's or parts/memorablilia/collectable's/factory rims etc. A lot of you know or have seen what I have, but if you don't, feel free to go to 'My Albums' under my profile & look around. Most of the part's aren't really visable, but I have a bunch.

For the record, I'm not selling all & everything ZR-1/LT-5 related, just want to pare down. Plan on keeping two ZR-1's for sure, maybe three...I'm set-up pretty serious up here but I don't plan on doing the same in PHX. Part of the reason I have the set-up here in Canada, is because we drive the cars so little, I'm able to enjoy them through out the bad months. But in PHX., I plan on driving more & standing around looking at them less.

As always guys, package deals work, bundle stuff together, the deals get better. Again, looking to thin out, would rather sell more things to fewer people, if possible.

Thanks for listening to me ramble fella's, feel free to contact me with any questions on what I do or don't have. Also, I'll be back & forth between Edmonton Alberta & Arizona a bit in the future, so if guys need something delivered not to far off that path, I'd be willing to deliver if it worked out. Thanks guys...
Old 06-23-2012   #2
sammy

Default Re: General update/heads up...

wow ryan thats cool that you might end up in phoenix , have you stopped by and seen bill boudreau in cave creek . does your buddys engine shop have the capability of redoing our motors ?? does he maybe do porting of the heads or might be interested in doing them ???best of luck to you on your move
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #3
carter200

Ryan,
If you like 107+ heat you'll be in heaven. Smog rules suck, too. Hope all goes the way you want it

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #4
93RubyZ

Welcome to Arizona!

107 degrees really isn't too bad, it's the 115-118 that can get brutal (but that's typically only in July and then the monsoons come in to help cool things off a little). Coming from Canada, you may have a tough time initially -- need to let your blood thin out a bit to adjust...

One great thing about AZ is that if you get collector car insurance, you won't have to smog your cars ever again.
93RubyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #5
LGAFF

I knew we had border issues in AZ, but a Canadian moving to AZ.....hey whats that smell....fried bacon

90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #6
carter200

Next there will be a shortrage of "beer and donuts"

I forgot to say "nice house!"

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #7
flyin ryan

Talking Re: General update/heads up...

No, haven't stopped in to meet Bill B. in person yet, have dealt with him in the past & plan to hook up. We will be able to do LT-5's 'No Problem' at RWR. I do them now but up here it's such a major, major pain with shipping, I don't ever promote myself on here to do it. Too painful with regards to shipping. I know people complain about shipping to Australia, but frick, where right here??? At least Australia you have the excuse of some distance. I'm a head/intake porter so that's no issue either. I'll be the LT-5 expert on board & we can handle 'Anything' with regards to LT-5's. You can go on 'My album's' under my profile to check out some things I've built.

I always say you can complain about the heat & complain about the cold, but not 'Both'! Trust me, I complain about the cold plenty, so won't hear a peep outta me about heat. Generally like/love heat. I know, I know...not heat like in AZ. for extended periods of time, but I can guarentee you it's WAY easier trying to go from cold to heat than vise versa. The cold flat out sucks!

No comment for Lee...LOL.

I don't drink beer or eat doughnuts (did you know doughnuts have the most trans fats out of anything?...True story). I do like to dip my bill into the odd J.D/Coke with a wedge of Lime though. The Lime supply in AZ. may take a hit, LOL.

Thanks for the props guys & comment on the house. Has a detached 24'x34' shop in the back also.
Old 06-23-2012   #8
A26B

That's great Ryan! Glad to have you in the neighborhood. I'll be in touch.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #9
Hammer

Talking Re: General update/heads up...

Just checked, you're ten miles closer now.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #10
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Just checked, you're ten miles closer now.
Aha'...That's probably about right too!!