ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 10-31-2011   #1
Mystic ZR-1

Default 2012 Northeast Region Events

It's never too early to start thinking about get togethers for next year!
Let's have some ideas!
And, oh by the way, we never did decide on our "official" name...
We really needed up to 18 inches of snow in CT on October 29, the freaking leaves are still on the trees...
Doug

Here's some potential ideas?
  • Caravan to BG for C4/ZR-1
  • Caravan to Carlisle
  • Picinic/get together somewhere in the NE
  • Lime Rock Memorial Day weekend, Grand Am races, "local" Vette Corral There's one Vette that races in the series. These are the guys who run in the 24 hour race at Daytona
  • Lime Rock, July, ALMS race "official" Vette Corral, last year we had 8 from the "Brotherhood" show up!
  • Lime Rock, Sunday of Labor Day weekend, "Sunday in the Park" car show. "Concours and Gathering of the Car Clubs". This is part of Lime Rock's Vintage Race weekend. Clubs park together on the track as part of the larger event that fills the whole 1.53 mile track. All makes are represented (the Shelby/Mustang club had maybe a hundred cars there, we can't let that go un-answered....) You don't have to have a showcar to participate in the "Gathering of the Car Clubs" This is the best car show in the NE... everything from Duesenbergs to WWll jeeps, dozens of Ferraris and even an Allard/Ford with Ardun heads or two (there's a Vette connection here, if you don't know what I'm talking about, study up...). In 2011, there was only one Vette there that had more than one cam... Two years ago they had a pre-WWll Mercedes Grand Prix car, the 1st time it had ever been out of Europe! (not to be confused with the multi-cammed Vette...) They always have a great selection of old race cars. This ain't your usual Wednesday nite cruise-in at Dunkin Donuts...
  • "Vettes in the Village" Mystic CT September 30 2012... over 275 Vettes in 2011 on the raindate no less!
  • "Vettes to Vets" in September, this year 378 Vettes caravaned to the Veteran's Hospital in Bedford MA to honor our Veterans! This is a great event to show our support for our Veterans! www.vettestovets.org
  • GIANT cruise nites: Mark's Auto Parts, Monday nites near Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks CT, usually over 600 cars and Patriot Place @ Gillette Stadium Foxboro MA. Every other Thursday over 2400 cars!!!!!!!!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #2
FU

Default Re: 2012 Northeast Region Events

Maybe try to have a meeting at a beach or a good sized park between these two events ? Somewhere in northern Jersey ,L.I. or southern CT ?
Just thinkin. And you know what they say "when he's thinkin , he's stinkin"

Caravan to BG for C4/ZR-1
===================================
Caravan to Carlisle

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #3
jrd1990zr1

Thanks Doug for starting this thread!

I think the idea of a Northeast get together would be great. Got to figure out a place somewhat equidistant for the members. Would Hartford be central???

What say NE folks???

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #4
94Admiral

I can not believe we got pounded by the snow already!!! I need this thread to pull my head out......

No power at home until mid week next week....unbelievable. Looks like a bunch of bombs went off around here....many, many trees are destroyed...I have not seen a single Bradford pear tree that survived, let alone the thousands of maples, oaks, etc,. etc. The landscapers will have a great year in 2012!

A NE get together would be fantastic! Hartford is pretty centrally located.....we should probably try to piggy-back onto another event. I would really like sooner rather than later....anybody know of a May event we could piggy back? Just something as soon as the snow melts in the Spring.......
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1991 Red/Red [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 350 500 HP [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Corsa Exhaust and [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]4:10 Dana 44 gears[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1994 Admiral Blue/[COLOR=silver]Grey[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 368 530 HP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]DRM Coilovers, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]Baer EradiSpeed Brakes, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]B&B 4th generation exhaust, 18" Face Polished Fikse FM5s, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]4:10 Dana 44 gears, and a BB tranny. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
94Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #5
tomtom72

I know of an event in May.....but it ain't in Hartford!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #6
jrd1990zr1

How about we get a group together in Hartford to plan activities for 2012???

A Saturday lunch possibly???

What do you think??

John

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #7
andersra

I'm up for almost anything. Too early for me to commit to any one event though.
andersra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #8
94Admiral

John -

Propose a date and location and let's see how it flies!

Scott
[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1991 Red/Red [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 350 500 HP [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]Corsa Exhaust and [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]4:10 Dana 44 gears[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST][COLOR=blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]1994 Admiral Blue/[COLOR=silver]Grey[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]Haibeck 368 530 HP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][LIST][*][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]DRM Coilovers, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]Baer EradiSpeed Brakes, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]B&B 4th generation exhaust, 18" Face Polished Fikse FM5s, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue]4:10 Dana 44 gears, and a BB tranny. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST]
94Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #9
Mystic ZR-1

We have to include Burgeritoville in next year's plans!!! Great food and they were even on TV a couple weeks ago!

I'm "in" for any kind of planning meeting.

Scott: Hope you finally got your power back. Can't wait for what the rest of the season has in store for us...
Doug
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #10
tomtom72

Sorry I've been absent. Work keeps getting in the way lately.

Yes to the meeting in Hartford for a planing session!

Tom

You want me to tell Lou? Yea, I'll tell him. We are using our toys, if the weather is nice right?
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote