ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-16-2014   #51
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Broght my new Z home today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
After you get some things fixed on the car,maybe we and a few others from the area can meet somewhere and have a burger. I'm not that far away from you and Sherry & I like to frequent the Yesterday's Diner in Decatur.
Might be a good place for a "North Texas' Gathering. This state is so big there needs to be several to accommodate everyone's locale.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #52
5ABI VT

want to trade for my 94 seats

Nice pickup I like the color !!
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #53
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cam View Post
At least your pump runs. Mine is DOA which means I don't get that priming it's supposed to provide. That's the next item on the list.
Any tests on the pump yet there 4cam?

Some 2' vacuum pump diags, with snappics of pump housing opened up, starting post 338 - 363 here.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #54
LantanaTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
want to trade for my 94 seats

Nice pickup I like the color !!
Are they black?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1991 #0663
LantanaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #55
USAFPILOT

If you pull the Cruise Control fuse, the LTPWS light on the panel will stay off. You may check to see if the fuse is installed or not. It could mean your cruise control is fine but the Low tire Pressure Warning System is not.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #56
LantanaTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
If you pull the Cruise Control fuse, the LTPWS light on the panel will stay off. You may check to see if the fuse is installed or not. It could mean your cruise control is fine but the Low tire Pressure Warning System is not.
When I go to start the car, the LPTWS light comes on and turns off as soon as I start the car. However, a couple of other oddities:

When I turn the key to the on position, I do not see a service engine light or one for the shocks. The service engine light should at least come on when the key is turned and go off when started.

I also don't think the adjustable shocks are working. Turning the switch does nothing to the ride, and currently it feels soft and a bit floaty. The shocks look good and are not leaking. Generally if Bilstein's are not leaking and holding pressure they are good.
Old 04-18-2014   #57
We Gone

Here is a good read on shocks

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....ghlight=shocks

See if you can find a FSM it will be your best investment. Do a search you can also jump the aldl to get any codes as far as mil light. or get one of the cheap readers at an auto parts store. I'm sure they are posted here somewhere just could not find them quick.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #58
LantanaTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Here is a good read on shocks

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....ghlight=shocks

See if you can find a FSM it will be your best investment. Do a search you can also jump the aldl to get any codes as far as mil light. or get one of the cheap readers at an auto parts store. I'm sure they are posted here somewhere just could not find them quick.
Thank you We Gone, I did a search to familiarize myself with the shock operation. I am very familiar with Bilstein as I have had them on other cars and we use them on a vintage off road race car which were just rebuilt by bilstein for a race next month.

I read a few threads, which helped. One problem for me is getting up to speed on OBD1, I am very used to OBDII. Will a cheap OBD1 code reader pull codes for the shocks? I need to get one anyway since my check engine light doesn't seem to work. The guy I bought the car from intended to work on the car but never had time and only put a couple of hundred miles on it in the two years he owned it. Since he bought it from a Chevrolet dealership that didn't seem to know how to work on it, and could not get the engine to run right, I am suspecting they somehow disabled the check engine light.

BTW, love your cleaning thread! I am about to do the same as soon as these last few bugs are worked out.
Old 04-18-2014   #59
mike100

there's nothing to 'read' data-stream-wise on the fx3 shocks. Even the factory scanner just ground the appropriate pin for the shock controller which will spit out the codes via the flashing light in the dash. There are only a handful of codes for the shock controller anyhow. It is useful to find out which corner you have the problem on more than anything else.

you can just do the paperclip shorting method for now without having to buy anything. I forget which terminal, but it should be well documented online somewhere (or if you have the FSM).
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014   #60
We Gone

Bought these grounding plugs years ago when I took his class, a lot easier than the paper clip method.

http://gordonkillebrew.us/Products

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote