ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Parts

Old 11-04-2020   #1
conesare2seconds

Default Re VBP adjustable springs

Vette Brakes & Products is sadly no more. Does anyone know if another company licensed their adjustable springs? Kicking myself for not ponying up for them a few years ago. I cut down the pads on a stock spring (not on my Z) years ago to drop the nose a little and I?d rather not do it that way again but with VBP closed, the only other option seems to be coil overs.
conesare2seconds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022   #2
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Re VBP adjustable springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by conesare2seconds View Post
Vette Brakes & Products is sadly no more. Does anyone know if another company licensed their adjustable springs? Kicking myself for not ponying up for them a few years ago. I cut down the pads on a stock spring (not on my Z) years ago to drop the nose a little and I?d rather not do it that way again but with VBP closed, the only other option seems to be coil overs.
I just saw this post. I have one of these springs in my 91. All it is is a composite spring with threaded sleeves set in the ends of the spring. The adjusters would be easy to make as well. I see no reason why somebody duplicate the process. Now,does anybody else make a composite spring?
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022   #3
conesare2seconds

Jeff, I went thru several threads on the CF and got the impression their spring adjusts by preloading - you basically crank down the spring to lower the ride height. Is that the gist of it? Have you noticed any side effects of the reduced suspension travel?

I?m not sure anyone is making springs these days and thought it might be possible, if care is taken, to modify an existing spring and add an adjuster.
Old 01-18-2022   #4
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by conesare2seconds View Post
Jeff, I went thru several threads on the CF and got the impression their spring adjusts by preloading - you basically crank down the spring to lower the ride height. Is that the gist of it? Have you noticed any side effects of the reduced suspension travel?

I?m not sure anyone is making springs these days and thought it might be possible, if care is taken, to modify an existing spring and add an adjuster.
My car is lowered,a lot so the ride can be a bit choppy. You would be loosening the adjuster to relax the preload on the spring. The aftermarket spring is basically flat while the stock spring has got an arch to it,modifying the stock spring wouldn't work.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022   #5
conesare2seconds

Thanks, that makes sense.