ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-30-2014   #1
PhillipsLT5

Default A Little Love

ProTeam will host a NCRS Tech Seminar... on November 8th, 2014 which will contain three sessions:
Session I - Development and Evolution of Braking Systems on Corvettes: This session will discuss C-1 braking challenges and Duntov's efforts to address them, the initial efforts to install disc brakes on C-2s and the prototype units used on the Grand Sports, the development of the production disc brake system used from 1965 - 1982 and the release of Girlock brakes on C-4s.
Session II - The behind the scenes story of the effort to establish a new 24 Hour Endurance Speed Record with a production ZR-1 Corvette: Program will open with a brief discussion of the ZR-1 development and the planning and preparation that occurred in the effort to break the long standing endurance speed record established in the 1930s by Ab Jenkins, driving the "Mormon Meteor". Actual video of the hi lites of the historic run at Fort Stockton, Texas will be shown, with commentary by those who developed, prepared and executed this remarkable feat.
Session III - The influence of aerodynamics on modern hi-performance vehicles: After a general discussion of the Corvette's historic aerodynamic performance, the program will offer an in depth analysis of the challenges of minimizing aerodynamic drag while ensuring vehicle stability and handling at high speeds. Time will be allocated to ascertaining the validity of some of the urban myths regarding aerodynamic drag. Indeed, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
Panelists include: Gary Cline — Mercruiser LT-5 Project Engineering Mgr., Greg Fadler — Aerodynamic Engineering Mgr., Darrolle Haugen — Delco Morraine Engineering Mgr., John Heinracy — Corvette Development Mgr., Tim Holland — Lotus Eng. Dev. and Calibration Mgr., Gib Hufstader — LT-5 Coordinator, Dave McLellan — Corvette Chief Engineer, Jim Minneker — Corvette Powertrain Systems Engineer.
This outstanding seminar is open to any NCRS Members and all Corvette Enthusiasts are welcome (NCRS membership NOT required)
Cost: $25.00 per person payable at the door. Please note that this is an NCRS Event that is being underwritten by ProTeam! This includes Breakfast and a Catered Lunch!
Details: Breakfast from 8:00am to 9:00am. Morning Seminars start at 9:00am. Lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. Afternoon Seminars start at 1:00pm
RSVP: Mike Treece: mltreece@yahoo.com or for more information contact Werner Meier: vetteking51@hotmail.com
Lodging available: Holiday Inn Express: 419-592-5599, Knights Inn: 419-592-5010. Best Western Plus: 419-599-0065. Augusta Rose Bed and Breakfast: 419-592-5852
Contact: ProTeam Classic Corvette Collection & Sales • PO Box 606, Napoleon, Ohio 43545-0606 • email: proteam@proteamcorvette.com • toll free: 888-592-5086 • fax 419-592-4242
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014   #2
ghlkal

Default Re: A Little Love

Wow what a great seminar, and a great value.

I wish I was closer.
1990 ZR-1 #2180 Red/Black
Many of the usual mods for 460HP, tuned by Marc Haibeck
ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1548
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014   #3
Bob Eyres

That's quite a line-up, some of the very best and knowledgeable guys in ZR-1 history, and for the price of breakfast and lunch

Damn, I just came back from that area
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014   #4
PhillipsLT5

Would be nice to get a DVD of this???
Sent pro team a request for a DVD, see what happens?

Last edited by PhillipsLT5; 10-31-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2014   #5
PhillipsLT5

Phillip,

I forwarded your message on to the Michigan NCRS Club.

Regards,
Terry L. Michaelis

On Oct 31, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Phillip Steinberg wrote:

I am an owner of a 91 ZR-1 Corvette and a member of
http://www.zr1netregistry.com/
The tech sessions looks great!
Wished I lived closer but Scottsdale is a long ways away
Thanks for recognizing and appreciating our cars
Any chance of myself or our ZR-1 community getting a DVD of the tech session or at least session 2 that will deal with our cars?
Thanking you in advance
Phillip
Phillipslt5@cox.net
Old 10-31-2014   #6
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
Would be nice to get a DVD of this???
Sent pro team a request for a DVD, see what happens?
Great idea! Thanks for asking.
1990 ZR-1 #2180 Red/Black
Many of the usual mods for 460HP, tuned by Marc Haibeck
ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1548
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote