ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-07-2013   #61
FU

Default Re: The Dreaded No Start

I ended up rebuilding the starter, BUT I was able to install a longer armature and field circuit off of another Denso starter.
NOW, with the PASS bypassed, the clutch switch bypassed, new relays, and higher powered starter, this motor SPINS. It starts now with snap, and never a failure. I am building these starters for your car, if you are in need of a starter that really cranks. I can also rebuild the alternator and water pumps. Up next is a larger bore clutch master and a HYDROBOOST Power brake booster, using a larger (1 inch) master.

You need to start another post about this , good stuff !!

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #62
Corbusa

Thanks Dyn !! And powerbrakebob thanks for what you're doing... I'm sure many will be glad for your rebuilds... I haven't been on the site much lately but appreciate all the help when its needed.
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #63
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERBRAKEBOB View Post
I bought my car new, and had the problem since. I learned more than I ever wanted to know. I found that the PASS Key, after verifying, then tells the F/P relay to start the pump to run for 2 seconds. THEN, that relay tells the Starter Enable Relay to allow current on thru the system to start cranking. HOWEVER, IF you keep running the tank low on fuel, it will burn up the pump. WHEN the pump overheats, it burns the relays. AQLL of this happened until one day, it would not crank, even when I hotwired the solenoid. I changed the pump, still problems, I ended up changinf the F/P relay. THEN I changed the starter relay. I had bypassed the clutch swith some 20 years ago. This time I bypassed the PASS key. Still problems. The car had sat a few years, so I hit the engine at the quarter car wash. While replacing the injectors, I noteced water in the valley. ASSUMING it would dry up soon. I lef it. It looked like bilge water. Ended up, the starter went under water. So, I ended up rebuilding the starter, BUT I was able to install a longer armature and field circuit off of another Denso starter.

NOW, with the PASS bypassed, the clutch switch bypassed, new relays, and higher powered starter, this motor SPINS. It starts now with snap, and never a failure. I am building these starters for your car, if you are in need of a starter that really cranks. I can also rebuild the alternator and water pumps. Up next is a larger bore clutch master and a HYDROBOOST Power brake booster, using a larger (1 inch) master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
You need to start another post about this , good stuff !!
I was thinking the same thing.....Very interesting technical information

In particular how it might relate to Lee's ZR1net Parts Development Program

Last edited by Dynomite; 09-07-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote