ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010   #31
Rex Ruby

Default Re: Why is there no two-way Registry communication medium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
I would also like to know the answers to the questions posted by Rex Ruby the day before yesterday. This post has been subsequently deleted, obviously this issue is ruffling some feathers, but I still believe that the members deserve to know the answers to what is going on.

Secrecy, deleted posts, trying to brush things under the carpet? These never turn out to be good things in the long run.
Thanks DaveK. I knew I wan't the only one wanting to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
I would suggest everyone take Dave up on his offer in post #24 either via email or PM, rather than continuing to make these type of public posts. There is nothing to hide, but there is also nothing to be gained airing dirty laundry in public.

I have not problem emailing or PMing Dave.
I'd just like to see the Registry leadership post the status.
This is a general membership issue of all being informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Jeff has returned all records and the money has been repaid. There really is nothing left. The board will vote on whether Jeff stays a member (if he wants to) soon.

Just thought you all might want to know this. I won't be posting anymore, but as Z Factor mentioned, feel free to email Dave or Ron with any questions. Dave answered me very quickly.
Hammer, Not to question your post but did a board member direct you to post this? If the above statement is accurate that would be good news.
BUT this news needs to come from the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
That is great that Dave is responsive and helpful via email. However, is this the explanation for deleting posts and secrecy?

I'll simply mention again, that it seems clear people want to discuss registry business. There is currently no way to do this without airing it publicly... Thus, that is what happens.
Issues like this demonstrate the original intent of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingbigun View Post
I am a new guy but it is pretty simple to have a private section on the forum for members only.

we have them on Southern Airboat and have 7500 members so we have a lot more drama than here. Average 120 people online at any given day. We call it the board for site supporters only.
I also have a members only on my airboat club site, I for one am glad they shut down the email thing I do not need to know when your dog pissed on your tires . GO to facebook and have at it.

Maybe a question to ask do you want the site to grow and help promote the ZR-1 and help new owners & potential new buyers to see the value of these cars or be a private club. Seems that the simple thing is to have a board section and you can carry on all you want and the public can not see it. That way you can have both, this site has been a big help to me for sure Thanks

It maybe a little less simple than that but with today's software it can be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z proud View Post
Agreed!
Thanks Bill!

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Old 05-24-2010   #32
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Jeff has returned all records and the money has been repaid. There really is nothing left. The board will vote on whether Jeff stays a member (if he wants to) soon.

Just thought you all might want to know this. I won't be posting anymore, but as Z Factor mentioned, feel free to email Dave or Ron with any questions. Dave answered me very quickly.
You won't be posting anymore
Oh...I get it.....you will not be posting anymore about "records" and "money"

I assume you made it to and back from BG in fine shape and the 91' Z ran perfectly both ways with the (as I recall) new 410's differential

How many miles did you put on the Z during the BG trip?

Last edited by Dynomite; 05-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2010   #33
rkreigh

the issues have been resolved. but it's not at all in the clubs best interest to continue to beat this dead horse (it still won't run the derby)

the mods deleted posts that weren't factual, as any mods do based on best guidance.

and I stated the facts, to correct the "rumour mill" which doesn't do us any favors by stirring things up.

the issue has been dealt with to the best of our abilities, not happy???

run for office, step up and run it better!!

thanks for your understanding, the dirty laundry has been washed and hung up to dry, not any secrets, so don't look for them.
Old 05-24-2010   #34
Rex Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkreigh View Post
run for office, step up and run it better!!
You can count on that come election time

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Closed Thread