ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 10-15-2021   #111
Prez1967

Default Re: Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
Awesome news. Maybe see you at cars and coffee this weekend!
Im stoked!!! Likely next weekend though, Im working this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper107 View Post
holy smokes that alignment was in bad shape!! nice car.......
Yes it was! Im still not thrilled that the Caster is off but the car tracks straight on its own and is still tossable. I will order some shims and get around to it at some point but right now im servicing our daily drivers and its on the back burner lol
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021   #112
Jagdpanzer

Original factory looking shims can be hard to find. Before I did my last alignment I got a selection of used take offs from Mirrock that cleaned up as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021   #113
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Original factory looking shims can be hard to find. Before I did my last alignment I got a selection of used take offs from Mirrock that cleaned up as good as new.

Great tip! I was going to call them anyway and get a spare tail light harness for when its time to wire up my Euro rear lights. Will add it to the order.

Got a little frisky at work today and ordered a NRG Quick Release adaptor and Sparco Ring steering wheel 🥳

Have to wait until Monday to call some companies and get some info and fabricating fixed brackets for some replacement seats im curious about. The shaved seat cushion that my upholsterer made improved my seating position some, but id love to sit lower and further rearward. The Tillett B5 shown below would be my best option but curious about comfort. The Cobra Nogaro might fit the cabin aesthetics better but may sacrifice space.

My plan is to order a Tillett and if it doesnt meet my needs, i can go for the Nogaro and use the Tillett for a driving simulator project ive wanted to build for some time (win/win)

Anyone know of any shops in MD/DC/VA that can make some custom seat brackets?

Ive noticed Corbeau sells C4 brackets and people claim the Corbeau A4 lowers the factory seating position by a couple inches (theres an option to shave the seat bottom as well) but ive never been a fan of Corbeau?s quality.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 10-20-2021   #114
Prez1967

Had a little run in with a Mac truck the other day. Driver was merging into the lane behind me and I felt a nudge.

Spider cracks in the paint, scuff marks, exhaust got tweaked and the driver side tail lights are misaligned.

Headed to East Coast Restorations in Finksburg, MD tomorrow to go over the damage and get an estimate sent over to the trucking company.

Should I notify my insurance company of the accident? Trucking company claims they want to pay out of pocket if reasonable. Ive never had a claim with Grundy, not sure what to do.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 10-21-2021   #115
bowtiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez1967 View Post
Should I notify my insurance company of the accident? Trucking company claims they want to pay out of pocket if reasonable. Ive never had a claim with Grundy, not sure what to do.
Notify them only if you want an accident on the cars history. I've seen worse happen taking a car in/out of a garage or on/off a trailer. If it were me, I'd take the trucking company $$$ and get it fixed.

Last edited by bowtiguy; 10-21-2021 at 10:07 AM.
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022   #116
Prez1967

https://imgur.com/a/vXYynbV

Had a hell of a time swapping out the Apsis steering wheel for a Sparco Ring with a NRG Hub/quick release but its almost done.

Waiting on some bolts to mount the wheel to the quick release adaptor. Horn is all hooked up and im loving the extra space afforded by the smaller wheel, flat bottom and extra space from the wheel to the dash.

Next step is to play with seat setup. Need to find a shop that can make seat brackets for me before I buy a seat to test fit.
1994 #353 "Bluey"

Last edited by Prez1967; 01-07-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2022   #117
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
https://imgur.com/a/vXYynbV

Had a hell of a time swapping out the Apsis steering wheel for a Sparco Ring with a NRG Hub/quick release but its almost done.

Waiting on some bolts to mount the wheel to the quick release adaptor. Horn is all hooked up and im loving the extra space afforded by the smaller wheel, flat bottom and extra space from the wheel to the dash.

Next step is to play with seat setup. Need to find a shop that can make seat brackets for me before I buy a seat to test fit.

Glad to hear it all worked out Bluey! If you decide to go with Corbeau A4 there is a guy I met on Corvette Forum that makes custom adapters to mount them to the stock power seat bracket if you still want that option. Best wishes with all your projects! 🤙🏼

1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022   #118
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Glad to hear it all worked out Bluey! If you decide to go with Corbeau A4 there is a guy I met on Corvette Forum that makes custom adapters to mount them to the stock power seat bracket if you still want that option. Best wishes with all your projects! 🤙🏼

I really appreciate that! Can you comment on how that affects seat height? Im trying to sit as low as possible
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 01-08-2022   #119
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Quote:
I really appreciate that! Can you comment on how that affects seat height? Im trying to sit as low as possible

I am not at home with my car to get you specs, but I can try to find the old post about this mod and adapter set for the Corbeau A4s. As I mentioned on FB I ordered my seat with shaved bottom seat but it is still very comfortable when touring long distance. My purpose was like you to clear my helmet from the roof and sit lower. I suppose at your height you may want to forego having power seats to try to sit on the floor as much as possible. Corbeau has C4 manual brackets and a call to them might tell you how much lower it sits than atop stock power seat bracket. Some search of photos might give you an idea.

I would caution to take the measurements shown for A4s and ensure that whatever you get is not wider than the Corbeau A4. They are tight fit as is. I had a hard time and searched high and low for other than Corbeau A4 to be different, but settled on it as it is a great seat. I wanted reclining ability and I like to fold the seat forward to reach behind, etc. so I did not want a fixed seat since 90% is street use and practicality was key. Let me see what I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net RegistryImage1641667792.947619.jpg
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022   #120
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
so I did not want a fixed seat since 90% is street use and practicality was key. Attachment 17032
I've slowly come to the conclusion that being able to recline the seat will likely offer a smidge more headroom and retain comfort rather than trying to bolt in a fixed seat at a fixed angle to simulate the same...

The Tlllett seats seem to be the thinnest of the bunch and would likely offer more space but at more than twice the cost of the Corbeaus, Im waiting for monday to call Corbeau for details. The $$$ savings over the other brands will also allow me to get new carpet and insulation without feeling too bad
1994 #353 "Bluey"