ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Technical Questions

Old 11-13-2017   #11
karlaw

Default Re: No Start , No Power

I have just been reading about doing a STARTER RELAY MODIFICATIONS, where you add in a relay that in effect makes a more direct 12v connection from positive battery to the purple wire leading to the starter.
I wonder if that Mod would do anything in regards to getting engine to fire ? It seems that mod is really no different than me using my jumper cable from battery to my purple wire bare spot where I touch my jumper cable into the purple wire about 1 foot before the starter. When I jump start that way, starter engages and cranks engine just fine, but won't fire , except for an occasional quick burp on first 3 seconds.
So I think I just put that mod on hold for the short term.
Is there a fuel enable relay somewhere ?

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 11-14-2017   #12
QB93Z

Default Re: No Start , No Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlaw View Post
I have just been reading about doing a STARTER RELAY MODIFICATIONS, where you add in a relay that in effect makes a more direct 12v connection from positive battery to the purple wire leading to the starter.
I wonder if that Mod would do anything in regards to getting engine to fire ? It seems that mod is really no different than me using my jumper cable from battery to my purple wire bare spot where I touch my jumper cable into the purple wire about 1 foot before the starter. When I jump start that way, starter engages and cranks engine just fine, but won't fire , except for an occasional quick burp on first 3 seconds.
So I think I just put that mod on hold for the short term.
Is there a fuel enable relay somewhere ?

You are correct. The Starter Relay bypass that you mention will not help you with your current symptoms.

You need to locate the Start Enable Relay and determine if the ECM and CCM are sending the start enable signal.

From the pictures you posted, the relays in that area under the dash have all been disturbed so you may need to trace the wires by color to figure out which one is the Start Enable Relay.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote