ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-02-2013   #1
Schrade

Default Window problem; anyone beeh here? [snappic]

Snappic shows it all here men; anyone know right off hand here where I need to go with it?

(it squares up right away, when it starts 'up', and goes down square as well, when it goes 'down')

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 07-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #2
USAFPILOT

Default Re: Window problem; anyone beeh here? [snappic]

could be the plastic guide that attatched to the front of the windshield at the bottom of the glass. Does the window rock back and then strike the B pillar when you open and close the door?
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #3
Schrade

It does not rock at all...

No leaks; it's tight when 'up'...

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #4
USAFPILOT

that window guide is really the only thing it can be. You can loosen the three adjustment bolts and maneuver the window whichever direction you want it to go, but that window guide is needed to keep it straight. Shine a flashlight down inside the door and try to see if the guide is there. It is a two pronged plastic fork with felt in the middle that runs up and down a vertical post near the front of the windshield.

Are you proficient at removing the door panel?
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
Old 07-02-2013   #5
USAFPILOT

That window guide is cheap plastic, and one of things that will fail eventually, if it hasn't already. I think its your best bet.
Old 07-03-2013   #6
-=Jeff=-

if it goes up square and is tight, is there something in the door keeping it from staying square when going down?

I replaced both of my regulators in my ZR-1.. one was loose and I felt if I had to spend time getting them aligned might as well be with new hardware
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #7
USAFPILOT

the plastic thing I keep mentioning crumbled on mine and the window would crunch it at the bottom when I rolled it down. This one could be doing something similar if there is debris in the bottom of the door.
Old 07-03-2013   #8
mike100

One of my inner window seals is kind of bendy also... seems to just be age related.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote