ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-11-2014   #1
Schrade

Default Headers Installation...

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Fine - how 'bout 3 characters:
.................................................. .................................................. ........

Anyway, down to business here... headers in, with a different # on the labels. I ordered H-AB055, and H-12055 came in (A = 1, B = 2?)

No phone #'s for Customer Service of course, so we're in the dark as far as part # confirmation. Gotta' wait for someone to answer en email. .
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 10-19-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #2
Karl

Default Re: Headers Installation...

Did you order those from rpd?? If so they are the same as mine with the same part number. Looking at it tells me it's correct. The other piece with the slight angle 3" to 2 3/4" reducer won't work with the full 3" exhaust. Nothing major there.

Mine are sitting on my living room floor yet to be installed.
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #3
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod-v8 View Post
Did you order those from rpd?? If so they are the same as mine with the same part number. Looking at it tells me it's correct. The other piece with the slight angle 3" to 2 3/4" reducer won't work with the full 3" exhaust. Nothing major there.
Sure did there PR; eMail from 'tommy' @ RPD late last night - they are correct for Z.

Yeah - they LOOKED right, but looks - well, you know...

Quote:
Mine are sitting on my living room floor yet to be installed.
... as are mine. No wrenchin' in snow!!!
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2014   #4
XfireZ51

That looks like a very short collector on that header.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #5
Shrek

I sure could use those cats, since my OBX cats were welded to the Power Effects system you have.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #6
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
They are basically the same as the stainless works factory connect full length header.
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #7
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Dom,

Is that a good thing or bad thing for the LT5?
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #8
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
I sure could use those cats, since my OBX cats were welded to the Power Effects system you have.
I haven't dry-fit yet there Jeff; is there a section I do not actually need here? PM me.

Quote:
Is that bad? Or real bad?

Old 02-12-2014   #9
Z06scentair

How much snow Schrade? We have about 4 inches here....which is an improvement considering the previous measurments.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #10
bradley

if you order the stainless works headers that come with the cats that's what you get basicly no collector at all that is why I switched them out to coreys headers . to get a decent collector from stainless works you have to order the off road headers. and then have cats put on yourself
bradley is offline   Reply With Quote