ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 06-01-2014   #11
Dynomite

Default Re: Bose help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CamJon View Post
I went and looked in a 95 Maxima and it also had Panasonic rear speakers with the factory radio. Is there an optional Bose stereo package for the Maxima's that is some models?
I asked Mike100 to comment as he found the source in Nissan Maximas of the SIGMA 975s that work great with Bose. I had no difficulty as I could recognize the speakers (Front and Rear) that contained the SIGMA 975s just by opening one of the front doors or trunk hood. We will sort this out one way or other. As I recall I did find 075 amps in some Nissan Maximas that did NOT work.

And again...the SIGMA 975s come with white connector which replaces the soldered connector on Bose Amps (I prefer the white connector as much easier to change out amps once you have that pigtail in place with the white amp connector).

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-01-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #12
4CamJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I asked Mike100 to comment as he found the source in Nissan Maximas of the SIGMA 975s that work great with Bose. I had no difficulty as I could recognize the speakers (Front and Rear) that contained the SIGMA 975s just by opening one of the front doors or trunk hood. We will sort this out one way or other. As I recall I did find 075 amps in some Nissan Maximas that did NOT work.

And again...the SIGMA 975s come with white connector which replaces the soldered connector on Bose Amps (I prefer the white connector as much easier to change out amps once you have that pigtail in place with the white amp connector).
Thanks for all your help on this. The two cars that I looked at had a 5 inch round rear Panasonic speaker with just a hot and a ground wire. I will keep searching as well. I didn't open the door panels once I seen the rear speakers.
4CamJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #13
95 LT5

Quote:
Thanks for all your help on this. The two cars that I looked at had a 5 inch round rear Panasonic speaker with just a hot and a ground wire. I will keep searching as well. I didn't open the door panels once I seen the rear speakers.
I believe, just like the corvettes made around those years, not all Maxima's had bose speakers. Out of five I found, only 1 had bose. It was a fully optioned car. Sigma 975. Tested them and work great! !! I will take a look at another place Monday.

'95 ZR-1
RED/GRAY

'95 ZR-1
BLK/BLK

'89 6-Spd
FX-3,Z51
BLK/BLK
95 LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #14
mike100

I can confirm that not all the Max's had a Bose system. Keep walking if the speaker panel cover doesn't say Bose. You will be more likely to find the amps on the Infiniti clones as they are more upscale.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014   #15
95 LT5

Found another car with the 975's paid too much for them.
Guy was a d@@@ "we don't negotiate here"
oh well... won't be going there again.
1995 maxima

'95 ZR-1
RED/GRAY

'95 ZR-1
BLK/BLK

'89 6-Spd
FX-3,Z51
BLK/BLK
Old 06-03-2014   #16
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 LT5 View Post
Found another car with the 975's paid too much for them.
Guy was a d@@@ "we don't negotiate here"
oh well... won't be going there again.
1995 maxima
Same here.....went up to the window to pay for about 8 975s I had at one place in Fresno and the guy wanted more than the whole speaker assembly was worth.....he saying he could not sell the speaker assembly without the amps....I left those 975s on the table

Another place I paid $7 each with no questions asked

Oh....and of all the Maximas I looked at with those 975s....NO one had taken any part of the speaker from those cars.
So....NOT like a HOT item at Junk Yards.

Some more information regarding Bose Amp Replacements on the ZR-1s (including the difference between the 1990 and 1991 ZR-1 Bose Speaker Amps):

The 1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 Bose Speakers Sigma 975 Amps are direct replacements for Bose Amps in the ZR-1.

The only issue is the little white connector on the Nissan Amps is much more usable than the original soldered connection on the 1990 ZR-1 Bose Amps. I just disconnect this connector and plug and Play New (used) Amps into the 1991 ZR-1 (the 1990 ZR-1 has soldered connectors on the Bose Amp so have to get the pigtail with white connector for 1990 ZR-1s)....they ALL sound great (I have 975 Front and 975 Rear).

The 1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 Front and Rear Bose Speakers with Sigma 975 Amps (Front and Rear Amps) should look like this.....

1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima Front Speakers.............1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima Rear Speakers

All you need are the speaker Amps and a Pigtail white connector for the 1990 ZR-1 (the 1991 ZR-1 has the pigtail white connector installed)

See Bose Speaker Amp Options TIPS

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-03-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014   #17
95 LT5

Do you think the speakers would be worth anything being so old?

'95 ZR-1
RED/GRAY

'95 ZR-1
BLK/BLK

'89 6-Spd
FX-3,Z51
BLK/BLK
Old 06-05-2014   #18
4CamJon

Quote:
Same here.....went up to the window to pay for about 8 975s I had at one place in Fresno and the guy wanted more than the whole speaker assembly was worth.....he saying he could not sell the speaker assembly without the amps....I left those 975s on the table

Another place I paid $7 each with no questions asked

Oh....and of all the Maximas I looked at with those 975s....NO one had taken any part of the speaker from those cars.
So....NOT like a HOT item at Junk Yards.

Some more information regarding Bose Amp Replacements on the ZR-1s (including the difference between the 1990 and 1991 ZR-1 Bose Speaker Amps):

The 1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 Bose Speakers Sigma 975 Amps are direct replacements for Bose Amps in the ZR-1.

The only issue is the little white connector on the Nissan Amps is much more usable than the original soldered connection on the 1990 ZR-1 Bose Amps. I just disconnect this connector and plug and Play New (used) Amps into the 1991 ZR-1 (the 1990 ZR-1 has soldered connectors on the Bose Amp so have to get the pigtail with white connector for 1990 ZR-1s)....they ALL sound great (I have 975 Front and 975 Rear).

The 1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 Front and Rear Bose Speakers with Sigma 975 Amps (Front and Rear Amps) should look like this.....

1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima Front Speakers.............1995 96 97 98 99 Nissan Maxima Rear Speakers

All you need are the speaker Amps and a Pigtail white connector for the 1990 ZR-1 (the 1991 ZR-1 has the pigtail white connector installed)

See Bose Speaker Amp Options TIPS
Finally found a set of the 975 front and rear amps out of a 96 Maxima. I was able to hook a jump pack up and play the radio before I removed the speakers and they sounded great. So now my weekend project is to install them in my car and pray that the CDM is not bad. I am assuming that the CDM is good because the tuner is working on the radio but it has no sound. Wish me luck!
Old 06-16-2014   #19
4CamJon

Quote:
Great Information....I am assuming those amps were SIGMA 975s Front and Rear?

thanks
Put the new amps in and still have no sound? Is it a safe bet that the CDM is bad? The tuner works as does the cassette deck and clock. The CD player will not accept a CD so should I take the stereo head and CDM out and have them both repaired?

Just looking for some answers. Thanks for all your help!
Old 06-17-2014   #20
gbrtng

Quote:
Put the new amps in and still have no sound? Is it a safe bet that the CDM is bad? The tuner works as does the cassette deck and clock. The CD player will not accept a CD so should I take the stereo head and CDM out and have them both repaired?
No sound implicates the CDM - it's a real job to change out - especially if you're old and don't bend so well anymore ... hidden above the passenger's knees below the glove box. Get the head unit repaired if playing CDs is important to you. doctordons.com will add a mini jack for a small additional charge so you can play your favorite MP3 tunes.