ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best Sounding Exhaust for the ZR-1 (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=470)

ArcticZR1 03-19-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Best Sounding Exhaust for the ZR-1

I was at a car show this weekend and the vette behind me cranked up and it sounded unreal. I new it had to be a B&B but I asked anyway...it was. Ten minutes later I was ordeing a B&B with an X-pipe...can't wait for it to arrive! It was a toss up between the B&B and Corsa. I got the whole system brand new for $970 shipped to my house...is that good with the X pipe? :icon_scra

blackjack 03-20-2007 12:55 PM

i have the borla mufflers,with the resonator removed,replaced it with an x pipe,and i removed the infamous restriction inside the borla tubes...felt a difference in performance,and the sound is very reasonable;could even be louder,i wouldnt mind:) didnt notice any resonance...maybe because i had a"65 vette with a 396,and sidepipes...now thats resonance !!
bj
91/1735

GrayZ 03-20-2007 06:54 PM

I actually read this entire thread today...please pray for me,
as i have no life..and am a boring bastard.
That being said,

Corsa....looks..sound...(with headers) is music to me,
sounds like a race car..
people ask me, what The f-ck you got in that thing? :mrgreen:

jonszr1 04-26-2007 05:15 PM

when they ask that give them the alice in wonder land cat grin and say aBIG one:mrgreen:

4cefed 04-26-2007 05:21 PM

You will love the sound. Thats the combo I have on my car.
Joel

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcticZR1
I was at a car show this weekend and the vette behind me cranked up and it sounded unreal. I new it had to be a B&B but I asked anyway...it was. Ten minutes later I was ordeing a B&B with an X-pipe...can't wait for it to arrive! It was a toss up between the B&B and Corsa. I got the whole system brand new for $970 shipped to my house...is that good with the X pipe? :icon_scra

11.72@119.26 04-26-2007 06:24 PM

I have watson headers x pipe in place of resonator w/ flowmasters. love the sound, also very easy to find the sweet spot of rumble or quiet depending on choosing 5th or 6th gear. I just wish they looked as good as the B&B's. I also have electric cut outs if I want to really raise hell!

11.72@119.26 04-26-2007 06:30 PM

would love to buy a used set of B&B mufflers only, I have too much invested in x pipe & electric cut outs & B&B won't sell mufflers only!

Locobob 04-27-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11.72@119.26
would love to buy a used set of B&B mufflers only, I have too much invested in x pipe & electric cut outs & B&B won't sell mufflers only!

I can hook you up with some used B&B mufflers very soon, got some custom exhaust work planned next month.

RHanselman 04-27-2007 01:57 AM

I've had:

Stock
B&B
B&B with headers
Corsa
Desert Development

I like:
Corsa inside the car
B&B wt headers outside the car and on the track

My turbo car won't have mufflers, wonder what that's going to be like...:wink:

11.72@119.26 04-27-2007 12:03 PM

Robert,
What do you have planned? Let me know how much you want for them, how old are they and the condition.
Thanks,
Tracy