ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tire Replacement Suggestions (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32206)

mcich7781 01-26-2021 12:51 PM

Re: Tire Replacement Suggestions

Both Costco and Discount Tire have none in stock and other than maybe Michelin will have more information in 6 to 8 weeks. I not sure what to do now to find those 335's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

lfalzarano 01-26-2021 01:06 PM

Tire Replacement Suggestions

From my experience most of the tire manufacturers put out new stuff late March. The Michelin?s I bought from Discount Tire had a November date of the prior year. I got them between March and April. But since you will be snow bound in IL until late May, just work on other car issues.

I just checked Discount Tire and they can deliver the 335/35 R17 in 1-5 days. Price is $377/each.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Erik 01-26-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfalzarano (Post 319487)
From my experience most of the tire manufacturers put out new stuff late March. The Michelin?s I bought from Discount Tire had a November date of the prior year. I got them between March and April. But since you will be snow bound in IL until late May, just work on other car issues.

I just checked Discount Tire and they can deliver the 335/35 R17 in 1-5 days. Price is $377/each.

That's not a bad price!

ZR2 01-30-2021 11:25 AM

I just had Toyo Extensa HP II's put on. They came in both front and rear exact sizes. There are fewer and fewer tires that are made in matching sizes. Tire Rack at the time did not have really any in stock from one manufacture and the correct sizes. I found them with Tirebuyer, which is just like Tire rack, just smaller. For all 4 tires I paid $545 which included sales tax etc. Drop shipped to a local Tire place and they put them on and did an alignment. Between the new tires and the alignment, which it needed the car now tracks straighter and does not wander over uneven surfaces. It was less than $200 for the alignment and mounting. The previous tires the the Previous owner put on were Yokahamas. The old tires had plenty of tread, but I knew they were old.........as it turns out made in ......2006!!! Haven't driven too far, but I can tell that they are so far much smoother and seem quiet and seem to handle better.

ZR2 01-30-2021 11:27 AM

The only knock on the tires.........is a W speed rating.....168 mph, so I will keep in under the limit!!!!!

Mr.Yuck 01-30-2021 12:44 PM

I run the Goodyear GSD3's Great handling tire and great in the rain but super loud road noise. Not pleasant a long trips..

Sent from my SM-N981U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Erik 02-01-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZR2 (Post 319629)
I just had Toyo Extensa HP II's put on. They came in both front and rear exact sizes. There are fewer and fewer tires that are made in matching sizes. Tire Rack at the time did not have really any in stock from one manufacture and the correct sizes. I found them with Tirebuyer, which is just like Tire rack, just smaller. For all 4 tires I paid $545 which included sales tax etc. Drop shipped to a local Tire place and they put them on and did an alignment. Between the new tires and the alignment, which it needed the car now tracks straighter and does not wander over uneven surfaces. It was less than $200 for the alignment and mounting. The previous tires the the Previous owner put on were Yokahamas. The old tires had plenty of tread, but I knew they were old.........as it turns out made in ......2006!!! Haven't driven too far, but I can tell that they are so far much smoother and seem quiet and seem to handle better.

Thanks for the feedback on the Toyos. I was looking at them too, as I hope to put a bunch of miles on mine, and having a tire that can handle a little rain is a bonus. Plus, I do hope to wear out, not age out, my tires.

wprice 04-23-2021 10:52 AM

Hi Guys,

Not having any luck finding the Michelin PS2 275/40/17, any suggestions?

Wayne

lfalzarano 04-23-2021 12:26 PM

Tire Replacement Suggestions

Discount Tire has 275/40/17?s and will ship 1-5 business days.

wprice 04-23-2021 12:49 PM

They do not have the Michelin PS2 in that size. I just called to confirm. The best they could do for me is Nitto 555 G2.. Any comment on these tires?

Wayne