ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Questions/Help on buying a ZR1 (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22816)

XfireZ51 05-04-2014 07:04 PM

Re: Questions/Help on buying a ZR1

Take it to Pete.

J-Bonez 05-04-2014 10:01 PM

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...25657326&Log=0

I am wondering why the car has a bolt right under the trip odometer button, a callaway sticker, and does anyone know what that black box is under the steering wheel going toward the pedals?

Kevin 05-04-2014 10:11 PM

I'd be leery of buying a vette docs car, the "bolt" I think is a light which could be anything from a shirt light to something for a radar detector. It's too hard to tell and guess. I'd ask the owner. I love the black engine and the car looks great

cvette98pacecar 05-06-2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 202573)
I'd be leery of buying a vette docs car, the "bolt" I think is a light which could be anything from a shirt light to something for a radar detector. It's too hard to tell and guess. I'd ask the owner. I love the black engine and the car looks great

It is a radar light of some sort. Look at the photo of the rear view mirror you can see the adapter cord hanging from behind the mirror.
I am going to take a closer look at this car on May 26th.

JThomas 05-06-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar (Post 202651)
It is a radar light of some sort. Look at the photo of the rear view mirror you can see the adapter cord hanging from behind the mirror.
I am going to take a closer look at this car on May 26th.

Robert:

I know I'm late to the party, but if you could use a second set of eyes, I'm only an hour and twenty minutes away. Or just an hour! :cheers:

ZZZZZR1 05-06-2014 03:31 PM

Between Robert and Joe, you are in good hands!!!!

Good luck and keep us informed

:cheers:

David

J-Bonez 05-06-2014 07:13 PM

I can't thank you guys enough. I hope everything is as good as the owner says so I can bring this car home and stop dreaming about that dang ZR1 poster I had in my room since I was a kid.

cvette98pacecar 05-06-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JThomas (Post 202683)
Robert:

I know I'm late to the party, but if you could use a second set of eyes, I'm only an hour and twenty minutes away. Or just an hour! :cheers:

Joe, first and foremost you are always welcome. If you and Jennifer would like to grab dinner somewhere in that area I can call Ron, Gary, Dave, Bob and a couple of the other ZOOM members and we can do dinner after we look at the car.

JThomas 05-06-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar (Post 202702)
Joe, first and foremost you are always welcome. If you and Jennifer would like to grab dinner somewhere in that area I can call Ron, Gary, Dave, Bob and a couple of the other ZOOM members and we can do dinner after we look at the car.

If you are doing it on the 26th, that's Memorial Day. Jennifer and Rachel will be in Schaumburg, IL., for volleyball, so it will be Evan and I for the inspection and possible dinner. :handshak:

Schrade 05-06-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Bonez (Post 201972)
I spoke with Robert on the phone aka vettepacecar and let me tell you I love the brotherhood already. He is going to give the car a good inspection for me since I am in NJ and I don't want to waste a 550 plane ticket. I can't believe how nice everyone is I just hope no one buys the car before me :( if all checks out.

If someone else gets a headache before you do, not too much wrong with that.

Spending a few $C for someone local to look at the car, is cheaper than a few $K for repairs after bringing it home later.

Take time to buy!!! I spent 11 weeks looking for a Z...