ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Past Events & Event Pictures (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Ribs at JVD's (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11383)

FU 03-12-2010 04:05 PM

Ribs at JVD's

Ok. We would like to get a head count on who would like to have some nice ribs sent over to JVD's for Thursday night's showdown.

Kevin 03-12-2010 04:08 PM

Re: Ribs at JVD's

if i end up making it to the gathering i'm in

Jagdpanzer 03-12-2010 04:09 PM

Count me in!!

ZZZZZR1 03-12-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer (Post 84511)
Count me in!!

:mrgreen: I'm in too...

Only thing we will need is somebody that is going by Memphis to pick up the Ribs (right off the cooker) on Wednesday.

Anyone going that way?

:thumbsup:

David

LT5-1935 03-12-2010 04:27 PM

Put me in for 2

RICKYRJ1 03-12-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Count me in!!

DITTO! :thumbsup:

Jeffvette 03-12-2010 05:29 PM

Ribs plus burger and dogs, or just ribs?

ZZZZZR1 03-12-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffvette (Post 84520)
Ribs plus burger and dogs, or just ribs?

Ribs or burgers or dogs. If you want Ribs, we have to order them and make sure we have enough.

David

FU 03-12-2010 05:47 PM

We should get a package plan together for the chow.

:pray Please Lord make this weather go away .

93 ZR1 Barcelona 03-13-2010 04:57 AM

Count TWO more from overseas.....

See you all on Thursday 13th!!!!!

Nice Dyno graph Rick.....507 Hp are enough????

Ramon.

vandornjim 03-13-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FU2 (Post 84524)
We should get a package plan together for the chow.

:pray Please Lord make this weather go away .

I want to thank all of you who have either contributed or are in the process of doing so. I'd like to make this a super nice event so if & when you can, it is much appreciated. Some thoughts:

We will have veggie burgers available. Please let us know if you prefer them.
We will also be offering our famous BOWTIE BURGERS. These are about 1 pounders!
Smoked Pork, Ribs, chicken, potatoes, etc.etc.

I'm checking into having some very unique ZR-1 LT5 related items made for the event.

We will be awarding trophies for the most Corvette dressed. You figure it out.

vandornjim 03-13-2010 07:44 AM

Oh, more stuff:

This year we will have music, chairs and tables and we expect each of you to being your better halves. Wives and girlfriends are welcome! You can even bring BOTH of them if you want.

Music arrangements depend on our budget!

jv

A1990 03-13-2010 02:01 PM

Reading this makes me hungry. Looking forward to this event :cheers:

FU 03-13-2010 02:02 PM

It's going to be tough to get David into a dress , but I'll try :)

A1990 03-13-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FU2 (Post 84578)

Hey Frank, may I dance with your "date"?

ZZZZZR1 03-13-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FU2 (Post 84578)

:blahblah: You'll pay for that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

FU 03-13-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 (Post 84599)
:blahblah: You'll pay for that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Promises , Promises.

Gonna call JVD Monday and get this coordinated a little better. I'll post up our findings.

tf95ZR1 03-13-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Count me in!!

me 2!

GrayZ 03-13-2010 11:48 PM

I would like Ribs
I would not like to see David in a dress
I would like an award
I would like a 415
I would like it not to rain this year.

Pete 03-14-2010 12:40 AM

I would love to see David in a dress dancing on the tables,i'll bring lots of singles.:-D
Dave a little advise wear the thong backwards so you have a place to put your wallet.

Put me down for 2

Pete

ZZZZZR1 03-14-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITLGO2 (Post 84614)
I would like Ribs
I would not like to see David in a dress
I would like an award
I would like a 415
I would like it not to rain this year.

Many have seen you in your THONG....

Thank god I missed that one!!!!!!!

Chances of seeing me in a dress? Zip!

Chances of you getting ribs? near 100%

tomtom72 03-14-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FU2 (Post 84509)
Ok. We would like to get a head count on who would like to have some nice ribs sent over to JVD's for Thursday night's showdown.

I hope I did this correctly?:o
I used the e-mail addy and paypal from Jim's thread to send the cash. I want to attend this party.

So put me in for two people.

:cheers:
Tom

vandornjim 03-14-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom72 (Post 84632)
I hope I did this correctly?:o
I used the e-mail addy and paypal from Jim's thread to send the cash. I want to attend this party.

So put me in for two people.

:cheers:
Tom

Thanks guys, you have contributed $400 so far into the kiddie with ZR1 WON being #1. A good party will go about $2,000 depending on the music.

Were any of you at Stillwater in '93? See those beautiful table decorations made out of LT5 parts? Guess what I'm working on......:wink:

A1990 03-16-2010 12:49 PM

This 20th anniversary event is not to be missed.

FU 03-16-2010 02:26 PM

Ok guy's were going to get everything together for a great time at JVD's on Thursday. Jim is showing us some awesome southern hospitality , there will be good eat's as well as good times. That's what it's about.Hit Jim's Pay -Pal address (vandornjim@aol.com) with some bucks so we can make the 20th one to remember.

ZZZZZR1 03-16-2010 03:00 PM

Good food, great friends and our 20th Anniversary!!!!

Hoping it is one of our best years @ BG!

David

ZRWON 03-16-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandornjim (Post 84557)
I want to thank all of you who have either contributed or are in the process of doing so. I'd like to make this a super nice event so if & when you can, it is much appreciated. Some thoughts:

....We will also be offering our famous BOWTIE BURGERS. These are about 1 pounders!....

Hey Jim, Will you POST a picture of that WORLD FAMOUS BOWTIE BURGER. I tried to buy one of the cutters like you all use and only got a contender; even the cookies it makes are whimps... Nothing like the monster champion your design and manufacturing helpers made for yours.
I am hungry for the real thing :cry:

Pete 03-17-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FU2DON (Post 84757)
Ok guy's were going to get everything together for a great time at JVD's on Thursday. Jim is showing us some awesome southern hospitality , there will be good eat's as well as good times. That's what it's about.Hit Jim's Pay -Pal address (vandornjim@aol.com) with some bucks so we can make the 20th one to remember.

Where is his Pay Pal?
How much?

Pete

FU 03-17-2010 05:39 AM

Here ia a copy of Jim's post , read my comment at the end.

Re: The BBQ on Thursday Nite, May 13th.
Thanks for your email responses gang, it's going crazy. It's a little bit early to be counting heads right now but we'll need to get a count as we get closer. Sounds like a heck of a turnout already. I wanted to add something. Several of you have offered to contribute to the cause. Well, we'll run up a bill with a band or DJ, some good food and a couple of kegs for the weeknd, decorations, video projector, etc, etc. So, IF you would like to contribute, you can mail a check or use my PayPal account (vandornjim@aol.com). If you use PayPal, look for the reason of sending money and there will be a tab marked "personal". Using this will avoid the usual fees they take out.

I will keep a list of contributions and contributors and make sure you all are rewarded for your efforts. I've found several large boxes with various Corvette, Pirate and ZR-1 T-shirts which might be perfect for you all. Also, any leftover funds will be used to buy a brick, etc, donation to the NCM so don't be shy. And let me add this. Anyone who contributes $50 or more will receive a brand new Legend Lives 18 page full color brochure from April 1995. It is packed with color pictures and advertisers, and many notable people from the ZR-1 community, many of whom are no longer with us. This would make one heck of a nice autograph book for this event after some 15 years ago it was printed. I have sold these on EBay for over $100 EACH. I have a very limited supply but will offer them in appreciation and in order to help make this event a terrific and memorable success. While they last!

Of course you all know that I like to make our events something to remember so rest assured there will be a little package given out to each of you regardless of any contributions. I would like to ask each of you to once again send me photos of your cars so I can do a commemorative DVD. Photos should be of a ZR-1/Grand Sport, no people, in scenic or historical landmark themes. Military/Armed Forces pics work really well. I'll need 30-40 so dig deep.

Of course we don't want to interfere with any other plans, i.e., the NCM or Registry agendas. These thoughts are just for Thursday nite's little get together here at Auto Masters. It seems there is another BBQ scheduled for Friday so let me say that we'll look to set the menu different than the usual. And remember. A very special award goes to the most ZR-1 and Grand Sport dressed/equipped. I'd say we better have a Mr & Ms of each!!

Thanks in advance!!
Jvd & the Mutt
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basicly 25.00 a head should do it. Just do what you can , naturally contribute more if you would like.:cheers:

Zr1 Destroyer 03-17-2010 07:10 PM

Mmmmmmmmmm.....RIBS!!! Hopefully some tator salad also....lol!?!??

MikeG 03-17-2010 09:59 PM

RSVP for a party of 1! Newbies are allowed aren't they???!!!!

vandornjim 03-18-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeG (Post 84858)
RSVP for a party of 1! Newbies are allowed aren't they???!!!!

Mike, newbies no problem but if you're bringing that turqois thing, please park around back....

<kidding>

Thanks to all of the following for the BBQ contributions so far!
Strowbridge, Braml, Gillig, Kelly, Fierstein, Buzz, Goatcher, Del Guidice, Moudy, Richardson, Feder, Voter, Chambers, Polatisidis, Urbanati.
You're not gonna believe what we've got waiting for you guys!
(no, NOT purple beer!)

ZRWON 03-18-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandornjim (Post 84557)

...We will also be offering our famous BOWTIE BURGERS. These are about 1 pounders!....
We will be awarding trophies for the most Corvette dressed. You figure it out.

:jawdrop:Thought you all would like to see famous Bowling Green JVD 1 lb BOWTIE BURGER pictured here on the grill and as the finished meal. He should also award a trophy to the person that eats the most BOWTIE BURGERS!:cheers::drunken_s

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../bowtieraw.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...bowtiemeal.jpg

MikeG 03-18-2010 06:14 PM

The "check" is in the mail - paypal style - looking forward to being a part of this "gathering" at my first Gathering! #135 ('91) has now been in my possession for 3 years, 1 month and 10 days. My right foot is itching like crazy!!!!!!!!!!

drmcar95 03-22-2010 09:26 PM

It will be a great event as usual. Bill and I will see you there. Thanks Jim and really looking forward to seeing you and the Mutt!:hello:

Garth

93 ZR1 Barcelona 03-23-2010 02:09 PM

Hello all!!!

Contribution sent for this big event, Jim.

See you all there in the Gathering and don't eat it all before we arrive!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ramon.

phrogs 03-27-2010 08:09 PM

dude im there!

My Dad is going to come down with me to see what all this hoopla is about, I guess retirement has him a bit bored!

JThomas 03-30-2010 04:53 PM

Phrogs:

I see by this thread you're committed. My question is: are you leading or following? :thumbsup:

Send me a PM, so far I have one other ZR-1 from Michigan that is willing to travel together.

If not, see you in Bowling Green! Jim, consider this my RSVP.

Joe

vandornjim 03-31-2010 08:37 AM

Thanks to all of the following for the contributions so far for the May 13th BBQ! We're going to have a great time.

Please let me know if I left someone out or spelled your name incorrectly. We're going to use them later....:-)

Strowbridge, Braml, Gillig, Kelly, Fierstein, Buzz, Goatcher, Del Guidice, Moudy, Richardson, Feder, Voter, Chambers, Polatisidis, Urbanati, Gilbride, Johnson, Mitchell, Perramon

GrayZ 03-31-2010 01:08 PM

C'mon, guys, Buck up.....For us to have a nice shindig, we gots to have a little coin in the kitty.
Jim's, done alot for our ZR1 community, and I for one appreciate his shop In BG, and you will too, if you ever have a problem at the Gathering.
He really rolls out the Red Carpet....Thanks Jim V, :hello::occasion1:occasion1:occasion1