ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2012   #1
rhipsher

Default I have a difficult decision to make.

Most here are aware that besides owning a ZR-1 I also own
a 1968 Mustang with the factory 302 4V. I've had this car since 1996. Even before my wife came along. Paid $3K for it with 275k miles on it. After a complete engine rebuild top and bottom with .012 over bore and an RV cam and media blasting and epoxy prime coated engine bay. All new wireing harnesses and brake lines and just to much other stuff to mention, I got the ZR-1 and just lost interest in the stang. And it just sat for years and became a storage locker. So skip ahead to now. A buyer in the form of a pappa johns pizza delivery guy says he's interested in it. Says he'll come back. A week later he does on his own time. I told him to give me a little time to get all of the stuff out of it and off of it and get it ready and running. Then I'll call him and we will take money. I did everything myself on this car. Removed the engine. Diss assembly. Got itthe back fromto the machineschedule shop andand and put it all back together and re installed it. It fired right up perfectly. So I did everything I set out to do today. But what I didn't count on was having second thoughts about selling it. That engine hasn't been started in over 10 years. I pulled the valve covers off and poored a little oil down them and sealed them up. Then poored two table spoons of gas down the Holley four barrel and it fired right up and idled perfectly. Just hearing it gave me a really big woody. I just had to take video of it. And then you will understand what I'm feeling. It sounds so damn good.
http://static.photobucket.com/player...-54-26_972.mp4
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote