ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2019   #1
daniels

Default Maximizer exhaust

I wanted to share my experience with the Maximizer exhaust in case any of you are in the market for a new exhaust.
So the reason i wanted a new exhaust was that the previous owner of my car had replaced the center resonator with an x-pipe and opened up the stock mufflers and the result was just awful headache inducing DRONE.

So i didn't want a really loud exhaust, i like to make my cars usable and fun to take on long drives and i had read that the Maximizer had a mellow sound and no drone. So i decided to try it out.

I had the exhaust system installed in a shop and had them put in a new gas tank while they were at it. It took them about 5 hours to put the system in since it needed some tweaking but they did a really good job and it all fits real nice.

Then it was time for a test drive to see if it had fixed the drone, i took a long drive with lots of low rpm driving and man this thing feels totally different car just nice and smooth and no drone what so ever so far. So overall i'm really happy with it.

Here is a video so you can hear what it sounds like at low rpm right where the drone was the worst before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y1W...ature=youtu.be

daniels is offline   Reply With Quote